The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital Foundation. The Executive Director reports to the Foundation Board of Directors, and directs and is accountable for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission, strategic direction and financial objectives.
The Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital Foundation (OSMH Foundation) is a registered charity whose primary role is to raise funds for the benefit of Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital (OSMH). Our success is tied directly to the compassionate spirit and generous support of the community, dedicated staff and a vibrant volunteer team who generate tremendous enthusiasm in support of our Hospital and its many services.
For more information about the OSMH Foundation please visit: http://www.osmh.on.ca/osmh/Top/osmhfoundation.aspx
• Post secondary degree or diploma in related field of study or related experience required.
• CFRE, ACFRE or FAHP certification preferred
• Valid drivers’ license and reliable vehicle is required.
• Eight (8) years of professional experience in the not-for-profit sector required.
• Demonstrated analytical thinking: ability to creatively problem-solve, identify issues and recommend appropriate alternatives.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, verbal and written, in situations that may require tact, diplomacy and discretion.
• Demonstrated computer literacy with advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, spreadsheet and database software.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multi task efficiently.
• Develops Systems: Develops and uses systems to organize and keep track of information. Provides an opportunity to maximize the quality and order of organizational outputs.
• Models a Learning Orientation: Readily critiques own abilities and invite the same from others. Can admit mistakes, learn from them, and change course. Focuses on enhancing performance, not on "saving face". Encourages and supports others in developing new skills to enhance the organization's performance. Can critique, mold and champion others’ ideas into implemented cost effective solutions. Encourages continuous improvement culture in team members.
• Acts as Donor’s Advocate: Persistently lobbies for donor’s perspective within the Foundation and Hospital.
• Innovates to Increase Value: Understands the fundamental value drivers within the Foundation and devises goals, objectives, and performance measures to increase value in spite of business risk, personal risk, or organizational resistance. Proposes and/or leads initiatives that can make a dramatic impact on the funds raised by the Foundation. May undertake significant re-engineering to improve fundamental financial value of the Foundation.
• Adapts Strategy: Changes the overall plan, goal or project to fit the situation.
• Demands Integrity from Others: Demands direct reports show respect to each other and display it publicly under stress. Demonstrates trustworthiness and leads to forthright constancy of principle and purpose in actions for all circumstances.
• Supports Team Success/Resolves Conflict: Proactively looks for opportunities to contribute or support the effective and timely completion of ongoing work or projects led by others. Recognizes value created by the group. Brings conflict within the team into the open and encourages or facilitates a beneficial resolution of conflicts. Does not hide or avoid issues.
• Creates New Concepts: Creates new concepts or models that are not obvious to others and not learned from previous education or experience, to explain situations or resolve problems. Generates and tests multiple concepts, hypotheses or possible explanations for a given situation as related to long-term performance.
• Delegates Fully for Development: After assessing abilities, delegates fully with latitude to do a task in their own way, including the opportunity to make and learn from mistakes in a non-critical setting, for developmental purposes.
• Thinks Broadly: Thinks broadly about the industry and assimilates industry-specific issues into own frame of reference. Uses a wide variety of information to identify and describe trends.
• Advocates Organizational Success: Takes actions to balance personal or Foundation opportunities with organizational benefits. Strives for optimal organizational success, even if it involves sacrifice. Similarly, balances short-term and long-term goals on the part of the Foundation. Asks others to make sacrifices in order to meet the larger organization's needs.
Please apply via the OSMH website posting at: