CAMH is Canada’s largest hospital specializing in mental illness and addictions, and one of the world’s leading academic health science centres in the field. By delivering leading-edge treatment, driving research, creating knowledge and advocating nationally, CAMH seeks to inspire a movement for change to ensure any person living with mental illness is restored to fullness of life.
CAMH Foundation is charged with raising and stewarding funds that will enable CAMH to achieve its aspirations and helping to fuel the movement for change.
The Donor Relations Team supports fundraising efforts through the enhancement of trusting relationships between the Foundation and donors, encouraging lifetime support from individual, corporate and foundation donors with a system that provides consistent baseline recognition and stewardship and is also responsive to changing needs of the Foundation and its donors by creating tailored recognition programs.
CAMH Foundation is currently seeking a Donor Relations Officer Recognition
Contract position –1 year, renewable
The Donor Relations Officer Recognition works directly with the hospital to ensure that donors are appropriately recognized for their generosity. This position will build trust with donors and the community by ensuring that all applicable stewardship benefits are delivered consistently, broadening and deepening opportunities for donors to connect with and feel valued by CAMH, building the groundswell of support for CAMH Foundation and contributing to the total annual fundraising goals.
Reporting to the Associate VP Donor Relations, the successful candidate will be proactive yet a diplomat, very, very detail oriented, energetic and flexible. They will have a strong understanding of donor-centred fundraising, very strong person to person relationship skills and experience with assessing and applying solutions tailored to unique and diverse situations.
You will ensure that every naming plaque is installed in the right place, following the right processes and approvals and in general making sure every donor gets what they were promised. You can see things through the eyes of the donor. You have the project management, design management, process and interpersonal skills to successfully coordinate each project – including major donor walls - among many stakeholders who all have their own priorities. You have very strong Excel and solid experience using project management software and donor software. You will be among the first recognition professionals in Canada to use Giftmap. You bring understanding of signage and its fabrication and preferably have worked in a capital campaign environment.
- Lead the execution of all physical recognition in CAMH facilities, including future spaces in two large facilities with hundreds of potential naming opportunities.
- Collaborate with the hospital and the builder to ensure that donor recognition has maximum visibility and impact.
- Lead the creation of three new donor walls.
- Develop innovative ways to celebrate donors in physical and digital spaces.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the function and usage of spaces at the hospital suitable for donor naming.
- Support and maintain a digital recognition inventory system.
- Monitor current stewardship activities per donor or segment and work with Donor Managers and Segment Leads to address gaps.
- Contribute to Donor Relations content and system on the SharePoint site.
- Contribute to the Donor Relations team’s delivery of meaningful, engaging and interesting live events or technology enabled activities.
- Maintain project management software and reports for active projects.
- Support the creation and adoption of stewardship related benchmarks.
- Ensure donor-centred decision making on all projects.
- Help to build an experience of CAMH that excites and engages supporters in creative ways.
- Manage stakeholders to ensure agreement, adoption and coordination.
- Contribute to effective and collaborative teams within the Foundation and Hospital.
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Foundation.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in relevant fields.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A university degree or relevant skills and experience. Project management training. Education in fundraising and/or design management is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive and relevant experience in fundraising or related field with increasing complexity and scope.
- Exceptionally detail oriented.
- Experience with capital campaigns and donor recognition preferred.
- Good at process and documentation.
- Diplomatic, with an ability to work with senior leaders, hospital redevelopment and vendors effectively and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated judgment, diligence, professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Advanced organization, analytical, planning and decision making skills; in particular flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint preferred. Raiser’s Edge or similar CSR database skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of CAMH.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
LIVING the VALUES
CAMH Foundation has adopted four core organizational values that guide how we achieve our goals. Every staff member is responsible for carrying out their role in accordance with our values and behaviours.
Make A Difference
- Strive to create change in mental health.
- Take time regularly to share inspiring stories related to our work.
- Align on overarching purpose/vision.
- Live our values in the service of our mission.
- Maintain clarity of direction
- Define/achieve long-term goals.
- Contribute with drive, ensure results.
- Partner with stakeholders, in particular donors and hospital staff.
- Be respectful/supportive of one another.
- Encourage different points of view.
- Engage with an appreciation for one another’s point of view.
- Ask questions, listen and seek to understand.
- Treat one another with the same care deserved by those we serve.
- Provide timely, constructive feedback.
- Trust the thoughtful exercise of judgement
- Contribute to a positive environment.
- Share information/keep others informed.
- Think of implications for others.
- Explain rationale for decisions.
- Be accessible.
- Collaborate across teams.
- Take responsibility for making things work.
- Act with energy to get results.
- Focus on our collective performance.
- Trust people will get it done right.
- Go beyond filing issues and be solutions-oriented.
- Recognize one another’s contribution.
- Define clear roles/expectations.
- Empower one another with accountability.
- Optimize resources with effective processes.
- Commit to professionalism/excellence.
- Seek feedback to enhance how we support one another.
Learn and Innovate
- Learn and coach people around you.
- Voice constructive criticism and stay open to feedback.
- Keep challenging/investing in people.
- Stay open to new ideas.
- Ask for their help when needed.
- Be ready to support colleagues.
- Respect ability to challenge.
- Interact with energy and humour.
- Acknowledge and learn from mistakes.
- Impart knowledge as part of work.
- Drive positive change with courage.
- Be creative, innovate and seek new ways to conduct business.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
Please enter “CAMH Foundation Donor Relations Officer Recognition in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: July 28, 2017
CAMH Foundation thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CAMH has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.