CAMH is Canada’s largest hospital specializing in mental illness and addictions, and one of the world’s leading academic health science centres in the field. By delivering leading-edge treatment, driving research, creating knowledge and advocating nationally, CAMH seeks to inspire a movement for change to ensure any person living with mental illness is restored to fullness of life.
CAMH Foundation is charged with raising and stewarding funds that will enable CAMH to achieve its aspirations and helping to fuel the movement for change.
The Donor Relations Team supports fundraising efforts through the enhancement of trusting relationships between the Foundation and donors, encouraging lifetime support from individual, corporate and foundation donors with a system that provides consistent baseline recognition and stewardship and is also responsive to changing needs of the Foundation and its donors by creating tailored recognition programs.
CAMH Foundation is currently seeking a Donor Relations Officer Stewardship
Contract position –1 year contract
The Donor Relations Officer 1 builds trust with donors and the community by creating the systems and tools that broaden and deepen opportunities for donors and prospects to connect with CAMH and supports a system that promotes proactive and coordinated stewardship activities, building the groundswell of support for CAMH Foundation and contributing to the total annual fundraising goals.
Reporting to the Associate VP Donor Relations, the successful candidate will be a proactive, energetic and versatile individual with a strong understanding of donor-centred fundraising, very strong person to person relationship skills and experience with assessing and applying solutions tailored to unique and diverse situations.
You bring impressive experience in project management, strong ability to work collaboratively with others and you learn new technologies quickly. You have a good nose for a compelling donor story as well as a good understanding (both intuitive and theory based) regarding donors information needs. While you are curious and quickly make connections with ideas and information, you also have the discipline required for processes such as documentation and meeting facilitation.
Ideally, you have hospital or university foundation experience and essentially not for profit experience.
- Deliver and maintain a system to increase the number of and value of contacts that a donor or prospect receives.
- Support the creation of timely and meaningful impact and outcomes reporting.
- Project manage the delivery of unique and standardized stewardship reports.
- Work with mailing houses to ensure that mass mailings are fulfilled (i.e. Annual Report, general campaign updates, New Year letter).
- Develop, curate and maintain Donor Relations content (such as scripts, client stories, thank you templates) on a SharePoint site.
- Implement new reporting system for philanthropic grants.
- Implement and maintain a systemized and achievable stewardship reporting and fulfilment system.
- Maintain a system in Raiser’s Edge to ensure that stewardship touchpoints are noted in the database.
- Work with the AVP of Donor Relations and the Finance team to ensure donor accountability through the quick and clear implementation of designated gifts.
- Support the creation and adoption of stewardship related benchmarks.
- Help to build an experience of CAMH that excites and engages supporters in creative ways.
- Contribute to effective and collaborative teams within the Foundation and Hospital.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in relevant fields.
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Foundation.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A university degree or relevant skills and experience. Education in fundraising is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience in fundraising or related field with increasing complexity and scope.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong person to person relationship-building skills with diverse clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to work with senior leaders, physicians, and other foundations effectively and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated judgment, diligence, professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to find the best approach or solution to highly diverse challenges.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and decision making skills are required.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated commitment to donor relations and deep knowledge of donor centred fundraising principles.
- Advanced organization and planning skills.
- Microsoft Office including advanced Word and Excel and proficiency with PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint preferred. Experience with rich media design software an asset.
- Strong Raiser’s Edge skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of CAMH.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
LIVING the VALUES
The way employees achieve his or her position responsibilities and activities needs to be done within the guiding statements and values of CAMHF as outlined below.
Make A Difference
- Strive to create change in mental health.
- Live CAMH/CAMHF values in the service of their mission.
- Maintain clarity of direction
- Define/achieve long-term goals.
- Contribute with drive, ensure results.
- Partner with stakeholders, in particular donors and hospital staff.
- Be respectful/supportive of one another and encourage different points of view.
- Provide and accept timely, constructive feedback.
- Contribute to a positive environment.
- Share information and keep others informed.
- Explain rationale for decisions and consider implications for others.
- Collaborate across teams.
- Take responsibility for making things work.
- Go beyond filing issues and be solutions-oriented.
- Define and achieve clear roles and expectations.
- Optimize resources with effective processes.
- Commit to professionalism and excellence.
- Seek feedback to enhance how we support one another.
Learn and Innovate
- Keep challenging and investing in people.
- Stay open to new ideas.
- Ask for help when needed.
- Acknowledge and learn from mistakes.
- Drive positive change with courage.
- Be creative, innovate and seek new ways to conduct business.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
Please enter “CAMH Foundation Donor Relations Officer Stewardship” in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: July 28, 2017
CAMH Foundation thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CAMH has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.