Posted On: 2017-07-05
Closing On: 2017-07-19
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Contract
POSITION: Senior Manager, Corporate Programs (13 month contract)
REPORTS TO: Director, Corporate Programs
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
STATUS: Contract, Full-Time
Founded in 1938, the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) is a national, community-based organization of staff and volunteers whose mission is to eradicate cancer and enhance the quality of life of people living with cancer. As Canada’s largest national health charity and a leader in the fight against cancer, CCS has had more impact in more communities than any other cancer charity. Over the past 30 years, we have invested $1.2 billion in research on all cancers. Our support programs empower, inform and enhance the quality of life of people living with cancer.
The Canadian Cancer Society is made up of inspiring individuals who are leaders in their field and whose knowledge and expertise have real impact – from helping fund internationally recognized breakthroughs in cancer research to raising public awareness and providing much-needed services and support to Canadians living with cancer. Our people have the energy and passion to contribute to a better future for others and improve lives now.
Join our team and make a difference. Help us achieve our vision of creating a world where no Canadian fears cancer.
Cancer changes everything. So can you.
Cause marketing is a business relationship that aligns the power of the corporate brand, marketing and people with a nonprofit cause’s brand and assets, to create shareholder and social value that can be publicly communicated. CCS’ National and Regional cause marketing, mission-driven sponsorship properties as well as our Signature Events (CIBC Run for the Cure and Relay For Life) provide an opportunity for corporate partners to reach out to a variety of audiences with important cancer site specific and general information and to raise funds to support CCS mission. In addition, the programs provide corporate supporters an opportunity to make a positive impact on the cause, meet one or more corporate social responsibility objectives, enhance consumer loyalty initiatives, and engage employees and consumers in the cause.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Programs, the Senior Manager is responsible for developing and stewarding a targeted business plan for their portfolio, prospecting new corporate relationships, and managing/leading two staff members. Working within the fast-paced Corporate Programs Department, the Senior Manager will work with the Director to set the strategy and manage all aspects of the solicitation process of corporate accounts and assist in ensuring proper partner stewardship is achieved. This includes working with partners to establish cause marketing objectives, facilitating activation opportunities and managing the details related to contract negotiations while adhering to CCS’ guidelines and policies in a timely and cost-efficient manner. The mandate will focus on maintenance and incremental growth of CCS’ existing cause marketing programs; proactively attracting new cause marketing programs, mission driven sponsorship revenue, and CIBC Run for the Cure sponsorships at the national levels.
- Sets business development goals, and the business plan that will achieve financial targets and result in new and renewing commitments
- Works with Director, Corporate Programs Development to finalize the strategic approach for the mandate and to implement new initiatives
- Applies best practices in the design and execution of sponsorship and cause marketing programs, including social media engagement strategies
- Discerns the corporate objectives of prospective partners for a specific brand or service; develop and guide the parameters of development programs to be associated CCS and the cancer cause; works within the Corporate Programs, Cause and Marketing departments to meet these objectives; and helps define the appropriate connection between the program, its target audience and CCS’ messaging
- Negotiates and develops agreements (multi-year where applicable) that accurately represent the scope of the partnership, accountability to the public and CCS, and payment schedules
- Works as a leader in the Corporate Programs team to contribute to the development of an annual business plan and budget; and tracks corporate partner revenue against the annual business plan
- Maintains relationship data for partners and prospects in CRM database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Assists in ensuring that appropriate stewardship and partnership recognition is in place on an on-going basis
- Supervises, motivates, and mentors the Corporate Programs Officer/Manager ensuring that capacity and performance is continually strengthened
- Acts as the subject matter expert as it relates to cause marketing, corporate partnerships and the implementation of these partnerships within CCS’ structure for corporate development colleagues across the country
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in a related field with 5+ years’ experience in cause marketing, sales, account management and/or brand marketing
- A minimum of 5 years’ of people management experience
- Understanding of corporate marketing principles, marketing activation programs and integrated marketing campaigns including the role of social media
- Excellent planning, prospecting, marketing and business development skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines and lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Results oriented, with a proven track record achieving revenue/sales targets and the ability to oversee a large pipeline of accounts
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Energetic with a positive attitude and the motivation to succeed
- Strong leadership, presentation, written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated ability to communicate persuasively
- Demonstrated experience in building successful customer relations with the ability to identify and leverage integrated business opportunities
- Self-starter who takes initiative and has a strong orientation to learning and innovation with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
Please note that in keeping with the mandate of the Canadian Cancer Society to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about Society premises or while carrying out CCS business.
WHAT WE OFFER:
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight against cancer. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by July 19, 2017.
Please click here to apply.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Cancer Society is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. CCS will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
For more information about how you can join the fight against cancer and become a member of our dynamic team, please visit our website at www.cancer.ca
Connect with us online