Posted On: 2017-07-05
Closing On: 2017-07-24
Location: Oshawa, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Faculty or Department: Advancement
Number of Positions: 1
Position Title: Director, Corporate Engagement and Development
Appointment Type: Full Time Continuing
Posting Date: June 30, 2017
Closing Date: July 24, 2017 or until a suitable candidate is found
A tight-knit group of hard working, fun-loving colleagues? Check.
Killer office digs in a converted downtown warehouse? Check.
Miles of nearby trails and parks to stretch your legs, and just 10 minutes to the lake? Check.
An entrepreneurial environment with little baggage or history to hold you back? Check.
A nearly blank canvas on which to set and realize audacious goals? Check.
Power lunches with icons of industry and the community? Check.
Opportunity to shape the future for Canada’s youth and our economy? Check.
All waiting for you here in bustling… Oshawa? Check.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by.
We have an exciting and ambitious mandate to propel the University of Ontario Institute of Technology to become Canada’s leading STEM-focused, market-driven university, boasting collaborative learning environments, leading-edge research and industry partnerships, and a deep passion for transformative solutions to global and community problems, all designed to equip our graduates to be leaders in tomorrow’s economy and the world.
Are you the missing piece?
In the role of Director, Corporate Engagement and Development,
• Participate in the full scope of development activities related to the discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors in support of the Faculty of Business and IT to fulfill campaign goals.
• Build and manage a portfolio of 50-60+ corporate donors and prospects with a special emphasis on high value-exchange corporate alliances and visionary philanthropists. Strategically identify and secure donors for naming opportunities, including a donor to name the Faculty of Business and IT.
• Serve as the Advancement liaison and strategist for corporate relations and partnership development opportunities across the university as identified through the Partnership office. Work collaboratively with the Advancement Executive Director; Director, Philanthropic Gifts; Manager, Government Relations and members of the Partnership Committee to formulate strategy and execute work plans to secure financial support.
• Serve as a strategy resource to assist Advancement team members in developing new fundraising and donor initiatives including, stewardship, engagement, communications, marketing and targeted giving for the campaign.
• Provide strategic support to campaign committees, e.g. Innovation Task Force and administrative support through written briefings for senior volunteers and university leadership.
• A curious and strategic individual who likes to collaborate and connect the dots in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-driven, self-disciplined and results oriented.
• An outstanding communicator (visual, verbal, public speaking) with a strong ability to convey complex information to a variety of stakeholders; highly refined interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• A storyteller who understands what motivates the corporate sector.
• Creative; able to identify and develop new opportunities and adapt to changing situations.
• Able to build and steward a network of senior leaders in the GTA corporate community.
• A degree in business, marketing, management, communications or related discipline or equivalent education and proven relevant experience.
• Minimum seven years in a fundraising environment; post-secondary preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with High Net Worth individuals and corporations and close gifts of $1 million plus.
• Proven ability to develop and negotiate complex relationships and proposals.
• Excellent organization, interpersonal and networking skills.
• Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office software applications and client/donor relations management software.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit in electronic format, a covering letter and their resume through https://hr.uoit.ca/working_at_uoit/careers/career-opportunities-postings/external-career-opportunities.php. Applications will be accepted until July 24, 2017, or until a suitable candidate is found. We appreciate all applications received; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UOIT respects people's different needs and therefore will take all reasonable steps to ensure accommodation for applicants where appropriate. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please notify the Human Resources Department.