Posted On: 2017-07-05
Closing On: 2017-07-24
Location: Oshawa, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Faculty or Department: Advancement
Number of Positions: 1
Position Title: Senior Researcher and Proposal Writer
Appointment Type: Full Time Continuing
Posting Date: June 30, 2017
Closing Date: July 24, 2017 or until a suitable candidate is found
YOU + US = UNSTOPPABLE
As an institution poised to become Canada’s leading STEM-focused, market-driven university we understand the power of a simple equation. We hope YOU are the missing variable.
Make no mistake, this is a career-defining opportunity.
... Embrace an exciting and ambitious mandate to build the campus, collaborative learning environments, bleeding-edge research and industry partnerships, specialized programming, and student support networks that will propel our graduates to be leaders in tomorrow’s economy and caring citizens of the world.
... Boast an entrepreneurial, collegial work environment of hard-working, fun-loving mavericks in a fantastic converted warehouse, and a region primed for explosive growth.
... Offer a nearly blank canvas unburdened by history and established traditions on which to set and realize audacious goals, and build deep, meaningful relationships with leaders in industry and the community.
In the role of Senior Researcher and Proposal Writer,
• Work independently and pro-actively to identify and provide strategic advice on sources of major gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations for the university’s campaign.
• Conduct biographical and financial research to create profiles using a variety of online, electronic and printed sources.
• Research and develop concept papers and pitch decks for the university’s big ideas.
• Research and write creative and inspiring proposals that successfully achieve donor investment in the university’s strategic priorities.
• Prepare, submit and manage online foundation proposals.
• Prepare and track research reports to enable development officers to effectively manage their portfolios; provide information for committees and Board of Governors to track progress against investment.
• An outstanding communicator with excellent writing skills, ability to conduct in-depth research, prepare and edit fundraising proposals while combining inputs from a variety of sources.
• Creative and innovative; able to identify and develop new opportunities and adapt to changing situations.
• Comfortable with a high level of independence and able to accomplish responsibilities with minimal supervision and function well as a team player.
• A skilled organizer with excellent interpersonal skills, time management abilities, strong attention to detail and able to multi-task.
• A curious and strategic individual who likes connecting the dots in a fast-paced environment.
• A university degree in a relevant field with at least five years of related job experience.
• Demonstrated experience in researching and writing compelling fundraising proposals.
• An aptitude for analyzing and interpreting data, and for synthesizing complex information from multiple sources.
• Advanced skills in using software and computer programs such as Windows, Microsoft Office and PowerPoint; experience with online research; ability to learn new programs as required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit in electronic format, a covering letter and their resume through the link at the bottom of this posting. Applications will be accepted until July 24, 2017, or until a suitable candidate is found. We appreciate all applications received; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UOIT respects people's different needs and therefore will take all reasonable steps to ensure accommodation for applicants where appropriate. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please notify the Human Resources Department.