Posted On: 2017-07-06
Closing On: 2017-07-24
Location: Oshawa, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Faculty or Department: Advancement
Number of Positions: 1
Position Title: Senior Development Officer
Appointment Type: Full-Time Continuing
Posting Date: June 30, 2017
Closing Date: July 24, 2017
... believe in the vital importance of STEM-focused, career-ready, experiential education as a key driver in preparing today’s students for the economy of the future
... want to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial, inclusive work environment with hard-working, fun-loving and eclectic colleagues
... embrace the need for social, scientific, and economic innovation, as well as equity, diversity and inclusivity in all facets of modern society
... see the untapped potential in Durham Region, and the transformative growth opportunity in this eastern gateway to the Greater Toronto Area and surrounding regions, which offers prime access to Canada’s largest market of more than six million people
... are your new home.
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology is actively engaged in scaling our Advancement team to realize an exciting and ambitious mandate that will build the campus, collaborative learning environments, bleeding-edge research and industry partnerships, specialized programming, and student support networks needed to propel our graduates to be leaders in tomorrow’s economy and the world.
In the role of Senior Development Officer,
• Participate in the full scope of development activities relating to the discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors in support of the faculties of Health Sciences, Science and Social Science and Humanities.
• Build and manage a vibrant portfolio of 150 prospects/donors capable of making gifts of $25,000 and above with a focus on building sustainable long-term relationships.
• Work closely with the Deans to develop and implement strategic fundraising activities to meet the priorities and needs of the faculty and university.
• Identify, recruit and support key volunteers with the capacity and influence to engage new high net worth donors; act as professional resource for these volunteers, providing training, support and counsel when necessary.
• Consistently track your relationship interactions in a timely fashion to facilitate a robust moves management system.
• Passionate about education and excited to fundraise for the next generation of problem solvers, entrepreneurs and leaders.
• A curious and strategic individual who likes to collaborate and connect the dots in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-driven, self-disciplined and results oriented.
• Personable, authentic, interested in others, a relationship builder and a superior listener.
• An outstanding written and verbal communicator with strong ability to convey complex information in a variety of formats.
• A storyteller who understands what motivates and inspires donors, and can successfully utilize this in conveying the university’s story.
• A degree in fundraising, business, marketing, management, communications or related discipline or equivalent education and proven relevant experience.
• Minimum five years Major Gift fundraising and/or business development experience, with a proven track record of negotiating and closing major gifts or securing business at the $25,000+ level.
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with high net worth individuals and senior executives, develop and negotiate proposals and gift agreements.
• Proven relationship management and project management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to strengthen relationships with faculty, staff and alumni to establish a culture of philanthropy and encourage a co-operative approach to meeting major gift and campaign revenue goals.
• Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office software applications and client/donor relations management software.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit in electronic format, a covering letter and their resume through the link at the bottom of this posting. Applications will be accepted until July 24, 2017, or until a suitable candidate is found. We appreciate all applications received; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UOIT respects people's different needs and therefore will take all reasonable steps to ensure accommodation for applicants where appropriate. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please notify the Human Resources Department.