Posted On: 2017-07-05
Closing On: 2017-07-24
Location: Oshawa, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Faculty or Department: Advancement
Number of Positions: 1
Position Title: Campaign Coordinator
Appointment Type: Full Time Continuing
Posting Date: June 30, 2017
Closing Date: July 17, 2017 or until a suitable candidate is found
YOU + US = UNSTOPPABLE
As an institution poised to become Canada’s leading STEM-focused, market-driven university we understand the power of a simple equation. We hope YOU are the missing variable.
Make no mistake, this is a career-defining opportunity.
... Embrace an exciting and ambitious mandate to build the campus, collaborative learning environments, leading-edge research and industry partnerships, specialized programming, and student support networks that will propel our graduates to be leaders in tomorrow’s economy and caring citizens of the world.
... Boast an entrepreneurial, collegial work environment of hard-working, fun-loving mavericks in a fantastic converted warehouse, and a region primed for explosive growth.
... Offer a nearly blank canvas unburdened by history and established traditions on which to set and realize audacious goals, and build deep, meaningful relationships with leaders in industry and the community.
In the role of Campaign Coordinator,
• Facilitate campaign prospect management including organization of prospect strategy meetings, report preparation and development and execution of solicitation strategies.
• Oversee Raiser’s Edge database system to administer and maintain prospect moves management including moves tracking, proposal tracking and prospect research.
• Work independently and pro-actively to identify sources of major gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations.
• Provide administrative support to campaign team including preparation of meeting agendas, progress reports and presentations.
• Provide support to campaign volunteers including preparation of briefing memos, bios for events, cultivation/solicitation packages, proposals and presentation materials.
• Creative and innovative; able to identify and develop new opportunities and adapt to changing situations.
• A confident results-driven self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative.
• Comfortable with a high level of independence and able to accomplish responsibilities with minimal supervision and function well as a team player.
• Skilled organizer with excellent interpersonal skills, time management abilities, strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
• A curious and strategic individual who likes connecting the dots in a fast-paced environment.
• A degree in business, management or related discipline or equivalent education.
• Minimum of five years of professional fundraising experience of which two years is major gifts focus or related.
• Outstanding communication skills in all aspects: visual, written, verbal and public speaking.
• Demonstrated experience in developing personalized compelling fundraising proposals.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Advanced skills in using software and computer programs such as Windows, Microsoft Office and PowerPoint; strong database management skills (knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is an asset); and ability to learn new programs as required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit in electronic format, a covering letter and their resume through the link at the bottom of this posting. Applications will be accepted until July 24, 2017, or until a suitable candidate is found. We appreciate all applications received; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UOIT respects people's different needs and therefore will take all reasonable steps to ensure accommodation for applicants where appropriate. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please notify the Human Resources Department.