Posted On: 2017-07-06
Closing On: 2017-07-24
Location: Oshawa, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Faculty or Department: Advancement
Number of Positions: 1
Position Title: Director, Engagement Services
Appointment Type: Full-Time Continuing
Posting Date: June 30, 2017
Closing Date: July 24, 2017
A tight-knit group of hard working, fun-loving colleagues? Check.
Killer office digs in a converted downtown warehouse? Check.
Miles of nearby trails and parks to stretch your legs, and just 10 minutes to the lake? Check.
An entrepreneurial environment with little baggage or history to hold you back? Check.
A nearly blank canvas on which to set and realize audacious goals? Check.
Power lunches with icons of industry and the community? Check.
Opportunity to shape the future for Canada’s youth and our economy? Check.
All waiting for you here in bustling … Oshawa? Check.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by.
We have an exciting and ambitious mandate to propel the University of Ontario Institute of Technology to become Canada’s leading STEM-focused, market-driven university, boasting collaborative learning environments, bleeding-edge research and industry partnerships, and a deep passion for transformative solutions to global and community problems, all designed to equip our graduates to be leaders in tomorrow’s economy and the world.
Are you the missing piece?
In the role of Director, Engagement Services,
- Lead the strategic development, coordination, communication and execution of programs to grow the donor base through new market development, sponsorship, cause-related and direct response marketing programs and community development initiatives.
- Oversee a complex communications schedule and ensure timely, results-focused production of all communication pieces (including the major campaign) across platforms and mediums; serve as chief editor for all advancement and alumni publications.
- Manage and mentor team members responsible for day-to-day operations, specifically for community development, donor stewardship, alumni engagement, fundraising events, sponsorship, and annual giving.
- Provide leadership and strategic guidance to the Alumni Relations office and the volunteer Alumni Association.
- Nurture and develop effective relationships with colleagues across the university to support internal and external fundraising strategies, as well as alumni engagement.
• A curious and strategic individual who likes to collaborate and connect the dots in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to effectively manage a team, ensuring goals are met and day-to-day operations carried out.
• Self-driven, self-disciplined and results oriented.
• An outstanding written and verbal communicator with strong ability to convey complex information to a variety of stakeholders across multiple formats.
• A storyteller who understands what motivates and inspires donors, and can successfully utilize this in conveying the university’s story.
• Creative; able to identify and develop new opportunities and adapt to changing situations.
• A degree in business, marketing, management, communications or related discipline or equivalent education and proven relevant experience.
• Minimum seven years in a fundraising and alumni environment; post-secondary preferred.
• Proven relationship management, project management and management experience.
• Excellent organization, interpersonal and networking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to strengthen relationships with faculty, staff and alumni to establish a culture of philanthropy and encourage a co-operative approach to meeting revenue goals.
• Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office software applications and client/donor relations management software.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit in electronic format, a covering letter and their resume through the link at the bottom of this posting. Applications will be accepted until July 24, 2017, or until a suitable candidate is found. We appreciate all applications received; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UOIT respects people's different needs and therefore will take all reasonable steps to ensure accommodation for applicants where appropriate. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please notify the Human Resources Department.