The Lung Association is dedicated to helping all Canadians breathe.
Our community of donors, patients, researchers, volunteers and professional staff are dedicated to ensuring Canadians have the healthy lungs, body, and clean air, which are vital to healthy breathing.
We want to ensure that no one takes their breathing for granted, and strive for better breathing for all.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Salary Range: $80,000 – $90,000 per year
Effective Date: Immediately
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing, Communications and Development
Location: The Lung Association – Ontario: Provincial Office – 18 Wynford Drive, Toronto
A new brand…a new position…a new approach to helping Canadians breathe.
This past November, we reintroduced ourselves to Canadians with a new and revitalized purpose, charting a new course to ensure our success in delivering on our mission in the years ahead.
We’re now looking for a dynamic fundraising professional to join our team, and help us realize this potential.
You’re a mid-career fundraiser that is a relationship manager at heart -- someone who believes in the power of giving, and who is inspired by working with donors and partners in helping them realize their goals and dreams.
This is an opportunity to join a team at an exciting point in time – an opportunity to build on your experience, grow your skills, and make a true difference in the lives of all those that struggle to breathe.
To view our latest Annual Report: https://breathe-annual-report.floating-point.com
Reporting to, and working in close collaboration with the Vice President, Marketing, Communication and Development, the Director of Development will be responsible for stewarding existing relationships, and for developing, cultivating and closing new gifts with individual, corporate and institutional donors. A key member of the team and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting The Lung Association - Ontario's development activities, the Director of Development will design and implement a comprehensive plan for cultivating support, expanding and diversifying The
Lung Association - Ontario's donor base/pipeline, and working closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives.
- Develops annual business plans and budgets for individual, foundation and corporate fundraising, in conjunction with the Vice President, Marketing, Communications and Development
- Manages and implements approved business plans, ensuring that the annual revenue objectives and budget are met or exceeded
- Develops and manages relationships within his/her own major gift portfolio, personally conducting cultivation visits, solicitation calls and stewardship activities
- Identifies and qualifies potential new donors to grow the prospect pipeline
- Supports and partners with the Vice President, Marketing, Communication and Development on all philanthropic fundraising activities
- Prepares development communications: solicitation and acknowledgement letters; case statements and proposals; stewardship reports; briefing notes; gift agreements
- Builds, manages and mentors a team of development professionals
- Monitors own activity and participates in monitoring requirements of the team, ensuring that monthly activity benchmarks for donor contacts are achieved
- Engages with internal colleagues and external volunteers to strengthen relationships and secure support
- Develops and implements a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors and corporate partners
- Ensures the effective collection of donor information and tracking of points of contact in accordance with best practices; provide and present statistical analysis to senior leaders
- Effectively manages fundraising resources and practice ethical fundraising
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Marketing, Communications and Development
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in fund development, including securing gifts and managing relationships at all giving levels
- Proven track record of exceeding personal and team fundraising goals
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and converting new prospects to donors
- Exceptional networking ability
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the demonstrated ability of developing and presenting strong cases for support and effectively reporting on the impact of gifts
- Proven management abilities with the demonstrated ability to drive and achieve financial targets
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills, with the ability to build and lead an effective team
- Experience in inspiring, developing and working with senior level volunteers
- Superior competence in interpersonal communications and collaboration
- Strong technical skills including experience with fundraising database applications (knowledge of Raisers Edge is an asset) and Microsoft Office
- Willingness to work outside of regular business hours and travel as necessary
- CFRE designation is an asset
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter, along with salary expectations, to Geeta Thomas, Director - Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.