Posted On: 2017-07-06
Closing On: 2017-08-08
Location: Peterborough, ON
Employment Type: Temporary
What Are We About?
The Advancement and Alumni Relations Office supports Fleming College’s priorities by engaging our community of alumni, friends, and corporate partners with projects and programs that matter to them most. We aim to build long-term mutually-beneficial relationships that advance the College’s core academic, research and community engagement missions for the betterment of our students and faculty members. We provide services to over 70,000 alumni and facilitate philanthropic giving from alumni, donors, parents and friends.
It has been 50 amazing years since Sir Sandford Fleming College was established in 1967. With an original intake of 235 students, Fleming College now boasts 6,000 full-time and 10,000 part-time students enrolled at four campuses in four counties, including over 800 international students from countries around the world. We are also extremely proud of our more than 71,000 Fleming alumni who are contributing to their communities in the region, across the province and around the world.
What This Position is About:
In this temporary, two-year position The Senior Development Officer – Campaign is responsible for engaging with alumni and donors to inspire increased major gifts to Fleming College, with an emphasis on giving towards our two current capital campaigns.
The incumbent will work with a portfolio of 50+ major gift level prospects and donors and manage the full scope of activities related to the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of these stakeholders. Funding is to be secured through philanthropic proposals and grant submissions made to private corporations, foundations, and individuals and select public organizations.
This individual will assist with collecting background information related the program and funding priorities at the College and identify and qualify potential funders. A skilled writer, the Senior Development Officer - Campaign will prepare, write and submit applications for grants and gifts to the Collge with a focus on proposals valued at $20,000 or above.
Fundraising projects include a variety of strategic College priorities including, but not limited to, two independent capital campaigns currently underway at the Sutherland and Frost campuses. These campaigns are to be completed within one and a half years. The incumbent will work closely with two other major gift officers and the annual fund officer in support of these priorities.
For More Information
For a complete job description please refer to the posting available on our website under careers.
Explore what Fleming College has to offer and the beautiful communities we are surrounded by. Check out Life@Fleming.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for candidates who possess, at minimum, a three-year degree or diploma preferrably in Marketing, Fundraising, Communications or Sales. A Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation is preferred and the following skills are necessary for success in this role.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software and the ability to work with the software to develop reports to support donor cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and recognition efforts.
- Familiar with trends in fundraising and development.
- Comprehensive understanding of Advancement principles including capital campaigns, planned giving, major gifts, legacy gifts, etc.
- Effective project management and leadership skills.
- Excellent relationship builder with exceptional networking, listening and negotiating skills.
- Reliable analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong prospect research skills.
- Capacity to exercise sound judgment and discretion, and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong planning, coordination and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven capacity to take initiative and be proactive.
- Problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Ability to navigate complex electronic application forms.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge for data entry and database management.
How to Apply
To apply to Fleming College career opportunities please visit http://www.FlemingCollege.ca/Careers.