Havergal College is a pre-eminent Canadian independent school for girls from JK to Grade 12. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our faculty and staff as our Advancement Officer, Donor Relations and Stewardship. This is a 2 year contract with option to renew.
Under the direction of the Manager, Community Relations, and in partnership with the advancement and community relations team, the Advancement Officer, Donor Relations and Stewardship will create, implement and evaluate a strategy to provide appropriate stewardship and recognition for Havergal College’s donor community.
• Prepares and/or reviews all gift acknowledgments, thank you letters, pledge statements and endowment reports.
• Works closely with Faculty and Advancement staff to report to donors on the use of gifts, to arrange meetings between donors and beneficiaries if appropriate, and to help celebrate gifts.
• Works with Marketing and Communications to develop stewardship materials.
• Develops and maintains recognition systems and activities to celebrate giving both for annual and special campaigns.
• Produces customized acknowledgement letters for major donors and Governors and Trustees on behalf of the Executive Director, Advancement and Community Relations, the Principal, and the Chair of the Board of Governors.
• Tracks and prepares correspondence for pledge reminders.
• Tracks donor relations and stewardship activities Veracross to enhance relationships and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
• Other recognition and stewardship duties as needed/assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must possess the following experience, qualification, knowledge, and/or ability:
• A university degree
• Minimum 5 years of donor relations experience
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong professional presence
• Fundraising program and communication experience
• Demonstrated proficiency with Veracross or a similar database system
• Approachable and collaborative working style, demonstrates high levels of trust and integrity
• Superb verbal and written communications skills
• Superior organizational, project management skills and detailed oriented
• Prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines; works well with minimal supervision
• High proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Employment and Application Details
Havergal College offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please submit your letter of application, accompanied by resume by July 20, 2017 in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Advancement Officer, Donor Relations and Stewardship ” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Havergal College is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations please contact Cathy LeBlanc at 416-483-3519 ext. 6605 or by email at email@example.com.