Posted On: 2017-07-07
Closing On: 2017-07-28
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Manager, Major Gifts
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Manager, Major Gifts.
Join a growing national team as we work toward more formal campaign initiatives and build a robust Major Gift program. Reporting to the Associate Director, Major Gifts and Campaigns, the successful candidate will manage a portfolio of individual and family foundation donors and prospects that have the capacity to support the Red Cross with multi-year pledges of $50,000 or more.
The Manager, Major Gifts will be a self-starter with the desire to contribute positively as part of a larger team. Being adaptable and having a flexible nature will allow them to thrive in an evolving complex national organization. A strong commitment to donor-centred best practice is also critical in this role.
- Demonstrates a high level of personal contact with major gift donors
- Cultivates relationships and moves donor through all stages of the donor cycle
- Develops detailed cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and execute plans for each major donor prospect
- Prepares proposals and presents cases for support on key priority areas
- Works closely with Prospect Research and Major Giving Philanthropy team to identify prospects through activities such as database mining and prospect identification
- Monitors progress of annual goals and makes adjustments as needed to ensure success
- Manages and engages leadership volunteers to support the Major Giving Program
- Supports strategy for volunteer recruitment and engagement
- Supports the recognition of volunteers in collaboration with Philanthropy team in alignment with Volunteer Resources guideline
- Utilizes Raiser’s Edge to capture work moves management information
- Maintains current knowledge of giving trends
- Manages communications with major donors during times of disasters to share information and gain support
The minimum qualifications for this job are a community college diploma in Fundraising/Marketing with five or more years of job-related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal and organization skills
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional fundraising results
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge database is preferable
Travel throughout the community and province is a regular part of the job. Current driver’s license and use of a car is required. Will be required to work non-traditional hours to meet the needs of volunteers and during times of a disaster appeal.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check. The Canadian Red Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested parties may submit their resumes no later than July 28th, 2017 to
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position