Posted On: 2017-07-14
Closing On: 2017-08-07
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
POSITION: Specialist, Direct Response
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Direct Response
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
STATUS: Full Time, Permanent
Founded in 1938, the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) is a national, community-based organization of staff and volunteers whose mission is to eradicate cancer and enhance the quality of life of people living with cancer. As Canada’s largest national health charity and a leader in the fight against cancer, CCS has had more impact in more communities than any other cancer charity. Over the past 30 years, we have invested $1.2 billion in research on all cancers. Our support programs empower, inform and enhance the quality of life of people living with cancer.
The Canadian Cancer Society is made up of inspiring individuals who are leaders in their field and whose knowledge and expertise have real impact – from helping fund internationally recognized breakthroughs in cancer research to raising public awareness and providing much-needed services and support to Canadians living with cancer. Our people have the energy and passion to contribute to a better future for others and improve lives now.
Join our team and make a difference. Help us achieve our vision of creating a world where no Canadian fears cancer.
Cancer changes everything. So can you.
Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) is seeking an innovative, positive and motivated Specialist, Direct Response to join our National Mass Marketing, Direct Response team and play an integral role in Canadian Cancer Society’s future growth.
The Specialist, Direct Response will assist in the execution of the donor acquisition, renewal and upgrade strategy for the direct mail and online channels to support the National Mass Market revenue goals. This includes program development, implementation, ongoing tracking, monitoring to goals and analysis. This role also works within the team and across the organization to ensure an integrated approach throughout the donor lifecycle and across all channels.
This position is ideal for a dedicated professional who enjoys being creative and analytical while thriving in a multi-faceted, results-oriented and changing/entrepreneurial environment. He/she will also elevate thinking for the future while managing in the realities of today.
- Work with the Director of Direct Response and Sr. Manager, Manager Director Response in the development and implementation of the direct response growth strategy and provide input into the development of the departments objectives, budgets, plans, policies and processes.
- Works closely with the Product and Marketing Development team to provide direct response recommendations to optimize product fundraising plans.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of the direct mail and online acquisition strategy to cost effectively grow Canadian Cancer Society’s monthly and annual giving program.
- Leads the execution of direct mail and online direct response campaigns including agency briefings, media targeting, creative production, tracking & post analysis of campaigns.
- Responsible for revenue and expense tracking of direct mail and online campaigns
- Supports the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial commentaries, forecast of the channels performance, results and appeal/campaign analysis against forecasted budget.
- Working in partnership with Senior Manager, Direct Response, manages external partners and vendors from concept development to completion of projects
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure that organizational and program goals and objectives are met.
- Monitor and evaluate trends to identify new opportunities and recommend adjustments to strategies as appropriate.
- Other responsibilities as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary diploma/degree required, in a related field (preferably Marketing)
- 3 or more years’ experience in the deployment and implementation of targeted multi-channel direct marketing campaigns (specifically via Direct Mail and Online channels) designed to acquire/retain/upgrade donors
- Experience marketing direct to consumer in either for profit or not-for-profit
- Exceptional organizational, project management and analytical skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to set priorities, demonstrate a positive attitude, troubleshoot and problem solve independently using sound judgement.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills; proven experience in managing and mentoring staff.
- Advance level of proficiency in MS Office and working knowledge of Raiser's Edge. Working knowledge of RE’s Luminate Online an asset.
Please note that in keeping with the mandate of the Canadian Cancer Society to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about Society premises or while carrying out CCS business.
WHAT WE OFFER:
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight against cancer. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by August 7, 2017.
Please click here to apply.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Cancer Society is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. CCS will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
For more information about how you can join the fight against cancer and become a member of our dynamic team, please visit our website at www.cancer.ca
Connect with us online