Posted On: 2017-07-11
Closing On: 2017-07-27
Location: Ohsweken or Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Indspire is an Indigenous-led registered charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. With the support of its funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources with the goal of closing the gap in Indigenous education. Through Indspire’s K-12 Institute, it provides resources to educators, communities, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving kindergarten to grade 12 success for Indigenous youth. In 2016-17, Indspire awarded $11.6 million through 3,764 bursaries and scholarships to Indigenous youth, making it the largest funder of Indigenous education outside the federal government. Each year, the organization presents the Indspire Awards, a celebration of the successes achieved by Indigenous people that is broadcast nationally.
Never has there been a better time to join this national leader. In this newly-created position as Corporate Sales Associate, you will report to the Director, Major Gifts and play a key role in growing revenue by engaging and managing a diverse portfolio of corporate and organization accounts. You will partner in the strategic growth of the organization’s fundraising initiatives, and collaborate as a key member of the development team in making decisions to support the growth of an exciting $9M annual campaign to realize its full potential in generating revenue for all Indspire programs.
The position responsibilities of the Corporate Sales Associate include:
- Develop strategies for creating, building and managing a base of 300+ corporate and organization accounts across the country to sell Indspire Awards tables and tickets, and conference packages for the annual National Gathering for Indigenous Education and Soaring: Indigenous Youth Career Conference.
- Proactively identify and pursue new potential relationships and steward existing relationships to improve fundraising results of Indpsire’s signature event, the Indspire Awards, and two annual conferences.
- Oversee a sales process to identify, target, qualify, and cultivate accounts in key areas with alignment/affinity for Indigenous issues and reaching Indigenous audiences.
- Provide excellent customer service, building strong relationships and ensuring that excellent stewardship is practiced with accounts to support retention and upgrading.
- Work closely with the Development team members to develop sales materials and proposals that generate revenue.
- Meets or exceeds annual sales targets.
- Ensure all relevant prospect and sponsor contacts and information is accurately entered in database.
- Develop sales materials and proposals that generate revenue.
- Monitor marketing tactics associated with the Awards and other Indspire events/conferences and make recommendations for modifications as needed.
- Ensure in-bound calls and inquiries re event sales are answered.
- Coordinate outreach opportunities to increase awareness and generate leads from business, unions, service clubs, and other organizations with alignment to Indspire’s vision and mission.
- Organize and distribute all tickets purchased and ensure will-call system is organized for ticket pick-up on site at the Awards.
- Participate in tradeshows, conferences, events and other activities to promote Indspire and its events.
- Remain current with best practices in fundraising, stewardship, cultivation, and sponsorship.
- Maintain a tracking system for managing accounts and regular reporting on progress and results.
- Analyze trends in sales efforts to make decisions about current and future strategies to strengthen relationships and grow revenue.
- Ensure that sales commitments are recorded in database and that agreements are in place for proper invoicing and fulfillment of benefits and recognition.
- Support the Finance and Administration team in the collection of revenue.
- Participate in Development work planning and evaluation and contributes to ongoing fundraising improvements.
- Adhere to Indspire’s approved fundraising policies, procedures and standards.
- Completion of College Diploma or equivalent.
- Progressive experience, usually demonstrated through at least 3 years’ experience in a non-profit organization or for-profit sales environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in Indigenous communities preferred.
- Knowledge of the Canadian business landscape.
- Knowledge of sales and sales cycles ideally within a not-for-profit environment.
- Basic knowledge of fundraising principles and experience working with fundraising software and/or contact databases is a requirement.
- Proven organizational skills to ensure issues are managed within specified timeframes.
- Ability to exercise discretion, judgement and demonstrates a high level of professionalism.
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills and well developed conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to work and make decisions independently and without direct supervision.
- Able to prioritize and deal with multiple projects and fluctuating deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Ability to work in French is an asset.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends and possess a willingness to travel within Canada.
How to Apply
This is a full-time position and can be based at Indspire’s head office on Six Nations of the Grand River Territory, or at the Toronto office. The salary range is competitive with a great benefit package, including pension plan. We are an Indigenous organization whose mandate is to promote opportunities for Indigenous people. We encourage applications from qualified Indigenous persons and all others interested in the position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
To apply, please forward your résumé, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to inquire on a confidential basis, please call Donna Hall at 647-383-8792. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
No agency calls please.
Deadline for Applications: July 27, 2017