Posted On: 2017-07-12
Closing On: 2017-07-28
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
TanenbaumCHAT Development Associate
TanenbaumCHAT seeks a confident, talented and creative development professional who will help take the school to the next level in its fundraising goals. The Development Associate is a key member of a high-performing, collaborative Advancement team. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Development Associate is responsible for the execution of fundraising projects and appeals within the full development portfolio.
Working collaboratively with all staff members, the Development Associate will provide administrative, prospect and organizational support in order to help achieve fundraising excellence.
Further, the Development Associate will ensure that database maintenance, meeting scheduling and notes, material preparation, prospect and donor research and correspondence, and all office protocols and processes are completed or complied with in a consistent and timely manner.
Annual Fund Campaign
The Development Associate is responsible for the execution of an effective annual giving program, including the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of annual gifts from all constituents. They will manage all aspects the Annual Fund, including but not limited to:
- Manage a comprehensive annual appeal program (including personal solicitations, telemarketing and direct mail, reunion, class giving, special segments such as intermediate and leadership, alumni parents, etc.)
- Planning and implementing multiple direct mail appeals annually
- Oversee online giving pages
- Manage fundraising special events for the annual fund
The Development Associate is responsible for increasing the involvement and engagement of our TanenbaumCHAT alumni and increase the number of alumni leadership donors at TanenbaumCHAT. This individual will plan, lead and implement programs designed to enhance short-term and long-term alumni relationships with TanenbaumCHAT and to significantly increase alumni giving.
- Updating and maintaining Alumni records on Raisers Edge
- Design and implement programs for increasing alumni engagement including Reunions and the Mentorship Program
- Preparing and contributing to publications for alumni including: CHATTER Magazine, periodic Electronic Newsletters, e-blasts and webpage updates
- Introduce graduating TanenbaumCHAT students to TanenbaumCHAT’s Alumni Association
- Developing & manage a portfolio of leadership alumni donors and prospects; Personally manage their alumni experience with the school; oversee their stewardship; solicit their annual gifts.
- Update and maintain records in Raisers Edge database, overseeing imports/exports, queries and reporting as required – all data entry as required
- Process donations and run all tax receipts
- Monthly pledge reminders, statements and invoicing
- Manage tribute card program
- Deep appreciation for TanenbaumCHAT’s educational & community mission.
- Experience working in a fundraising environment
- Natural talent for making connections with people and sustaining relationships.
- Results-orientation, with high standards for personal and team performance.
- Ability to successfully plan, manage, and execute multiple projects at one time.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with colleagues and volunteers, as well as working solo.
- Preparedness to “pitch-in” on other advancement office projects as they arise
- Commitment to constant self-improvement as an advancement professional
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge (or other similar databases), MS Office and other standard computer programs
Reply by July 28, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org