Reports to: Vice President, External Relations
Earth Rangers is the kids’ conservation organization, dedicated to educating children and their families about biodiversity, inspiring them to adopt sustainable behaviours, and empowering them to become directly involved in protecting animals and their habitats.
With live programming in 900 elementary schools each year and over 160,000 young members across the country in every province and territory, we are the largest conservation organization in Canada by membership and the only environmental organization of our size focused specifically on children and their families. Through our programs, Earth Rangers members learn about the threats facing our natural world and how they can lead conservation and awareness efforts at home.
We are seeking a dynamic and collaborative individual to join our team in the role of Development Director. Reporting to the Vice President, External Relations, the incumbent is responsible for managing and growing revenue from corporate, foundation and individual donors by 10% annually.
- Oversee corporate, foundation and individual fundraising, with a portfolio of $3.5 to $4 million.
- Actively manage a portfolio of major gift ($25,000+) prospects and donors
- Work with VP to establish and track department goals
- Develop solicitation strategies
- Manage and coach department staff of 3-4 individuals
- Meet regularly with, and keep VP apprised on all significant activity and/or issues related to the Development Department
- Ensure accurate records of contacts with donors, prospects and volunteers in the donor information system are maintained
- Work with communications team to develop compelling sales and stewardship materials
- Ensure excellent donor reporting
- Serve as an ambassador for Earth Rangers externally
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-10 years of progressive development experience in fundraising
- Proven track record of major gift fundraising success
- Extensive experience with corporate and individual fundraising
- Experience building and managing a team
- Proven proposal writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and strategic thinking
- Strong MS Office and CRM skills
Interested applicants please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Earth Rangers is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Earth Rangers is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.