The Jewish Federation of Greater Toronto is seeking an energetic, forward thinking experienced leader who will work as part of the Jewish Foundation team to support an ambitious fundraising agenda as outlined in the strategic plan.
About The Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto
Established in 1938, the Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto is a community foundation that enables individuals and families to fulfill their personal philanthropic goals and translate their charitable vision into solutions to some of the community’s most pressing needs. Our mission is to create long term resources to meet the challenges and needs of the Jewish community.
Reporting to the Vice President Planned Giving & Endowments, the Senior Associate will work with the team toward the expansion and growth of fundraising revenue. The Associate will steward existing and new donors with their grants and work with committees and volunteers to collaborate in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding new and existing donors. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the Professional Advisory Committee and its activities and the Book of Life program, a recognition initiative dedicated to the celebration of values through inspiring stories of Foundation donors.
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY COMPETENCIES
• A university degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in the fundraising and development field
• Proven experience in endowment and planned giving fundraising with a successful track record of soliciting and closing endowment and planned gifts or experience in business development, finance, insurance or estate planning roles
• Experience with forging strong interpersonal alliances at all levels both within and outside the organization.
• Results oriented with high standards for personal and team performance.
• Articulate and persuasive oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills as well as the well honed ability to interact meaningfully with donors
• Experience in maintaining and creating volunteer committees and in engaging and supporting senior level volunteers
• Ability to manage multiple priorities from different sources; excellent organizational and time management capabilities
• Strong customer service oriented approach complemented by high level of discretion and confidentiality.
• Confident and mature; positive executive presence and strong emotional intelligence.
• Knowledge and understanding of Jewish customs, traditions, the Jewish community, and the Federation and Foundation field.
• Demonstrated proficiency and experience with standard computer programs
• A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
ASSET: CFRE certification
This is a full-time position with excellent compensation package.
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted.
UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer.