Posted On: 2017-07-25
Closing On: 2017-08-18
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: September 11
Employment Type: Full-Time
Title: Individual Giving Manager
Location: ShelterBox Canada National Office (Toronto, Ontario)
Salary: Commensurate with experience, benefits after three-month probationary period
Status: Full Time
Reporting to: Executive Director
Start Date: Monday September 11th (negotiable)
About ShelterBox Canada:
ShelterBox is a cutting-edge charity that hand-delivers emergency shelter for families devastated by disaster. Right now, almost 85 million people around the world have been made homeless by natural disasters and conflict. ShelterBox is working to change this by providing our signature ShelterBoxes and ShelterKits that contain the tools to transform lives and rebuild communities.
ShelterBox is committed to working towards a future where no family goes without shelter, but we have our work cut out for us. Some projections suggest that the number of people displaced will grow to 200 million within 10 years.
ShelterBox is headquartered in the UK. ShelterBox Canada is one of 17 affiliates around the world focused on raising awareness and funds for our vital aid.
With our passion and our impatience for change, we will reach more people with emergency shelter and tools. As we look to 2017 and beyond, we are expanding our fundraising capacity to increase our efficiency and reach, and push ourselves to be the best we can be for the families we help.
This is an exciting time to join the fundraising team, to help achieve our ambitious income targets and grow our reach to key Canadian audiences.
Working closely with the Executive Director, and our small staff team you will help to deliver ShelterBox’s Individual Giving strategy recruiting new supporters as well as developing long-term meaningful relationships with existing supporters. This will involve managing a busy and varied workload of national campaigns, with specific responsibility for project managing donor recruitment, retention and development across a variety of traditional and digital channels.
We are looking for an organized and motivated individual with an understanding of the principles of fundraising and marketing. The successful candidate will also possess an understanding of what motivates people to give. You will possess a working knowledge of relevant marketing tactics to recruit, develop and retain customers. This role will also suit someone who has an eye for opportunities and enjoys contributing to strategy. You must also possess excellent planning and communication skills, as well as the ability to interpret numerical and statistical information to monitor performance.
- Project manage a number of concurrent multichannel direct marketing campaigns, appeals and other donor communications for ShelterBox’s Individual supporters within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with external agencies to ensure the timely delivery of campaigns.
- Liaise and build relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure effective communication and a collaborative approach around the development and delivery of campaigns.
- Work with external agencies to develop creative briefs and concepts and evaluate copy and artwork to ensure campaigns are delivered to brief and to a high standard.
- Undertake detailed analysis of the donor database to effectively identify and segment target groups and develop direct marketing supporter journeys, ensuring timely and relevant communications to all audiences
- Work with the Executive Director to design and test new creative approaches to maximise campaign results
- Develop, implement and test a variety of donor journeys to maximise lifetime value of supporters including new recruits, regular givers and legacy donors
- Implement a major disaster appeal plan for individual giving. Directing these marketing activities during any high profile disaster.
- Work with the Donor Relations Coordinator to develop effective reporting and data segmentation.
- Monitor results and analysis of campaigns and provide recommendations for appropriate changes to improve future campaign results
- Produce and proof copy, artwork and data, ensuring that creative is delivered to highest standard of quality.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in the fundraising sector, particularly in relation to best practice and compliance regulation and ensure these are followed on all
- Post-secondary education in a relevant program
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of direct marketing techniques within a multi-channel environment
- Knowledge of individual giving fundraising
- Relevant working knowledge of donor or customer care principles
- Strong project management skills
- Strong relationship management skills - able to deal with varied internal or external stakeholders and work with external agencies
- Experience delivering activities, campaigns or events
- Ability to work in a team towards multiple deadlines
- Ability to monitor and report against plans and budgets
- Strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to write effective and professional communications for a variety of audiences
- Clear passion for fundraising and ShelterBox’s mission
- Fully IT literate (Microsoft office etc)
- Ability to legally work in Canada
- Fluency in written and spoken English
In addition to these requirements, the following are considered to be strong assets for this role:
- Working knowledge of CRM databases
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite
- AFP membership
- Access to a vehicle
- Experience within a multi-national non-profit preferred
- Experience fundraising for international programs
- Media training or public speaking skills
ShelterBox Canada is an equal opportunity employer. ShelterBox Canada sincerely thanks all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please include a cover letter with your resume when applying.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume with the subject “Individual Giving Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications must be received by 5pm EDT on August 18, 2017.