Posted On: 2017-07-31
Closing On: 2017-08-31
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Competition Number: 17-179-AFP
Status: Permanent Full Time
Reports To: Director, Campaigns
Hours: Days; 7.5 Hour Shifts (some evening and weekends may be required)
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $125 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with an Administrative Assistant.
• Provides calendar support to the Foundation Management team, Cabinet volunteers and Major Gifts Officer(s).
• Updates the Raiser’s Edge database with “moves” records for the Director, Campaigns.
• Drafts, proofs and prepares correspondence, proposals, presentations, gift agreements and requests for information that often contains sensitive financial information. Create graphs and statistical studies to support presentations, reports and proposals for internal audiences as well as key volunteers and major individual and corporate donors.
• Assists with administrative details associated with the Campaign Cabinet and Major Gifts committees such as preparing and distributing notices, meeting packages, agendas, meeting materials and minutes.
• Schedules and coordinates tours for visiting prospects for staff and committee members.
• Coordinates and makes arrangements for Cabinet meetings including room bookings, catering and AV requirements.
• Assists with all cultivation, recognition and stewardship events, including: department/service/program opening celebrations, hospital tours, dedication spaces and annual recognition events.
• A university education is preferable, or a combination of comparable skills and experience.
• Previous experience working in the voluntary sector, particularly in a fundraising environment is an asset.
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written combined with a customer focus approach and ability to handle requests in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
• Professional demeanor combined with outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate effectively with a diverse group of donors, volunteers and staff.
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills with a proven high attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands effectively in a busy, high-volume office setting.
• Must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, take initiative and respect the confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
• Results oriented, self-directed and reliable.
• Proficiency using MS Office Suite at an advanced level in addition to familiarity using the internet and email.
• Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
• Foundation staff are required to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume, quoting competition number 17-179-AFP, to: email@example.com.
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.