Posted On: 2017-08-02
Closing On: 2017-08-15
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Partnerships the Manager will have primary responsibility for raising funds in support of the internationally respected Hospital for Sick Children. In fulfilment of this role, the Manager will identify, build and manage productive relationships with key stakeholders and corporate partners in one or two key industry sectors in order to secure financial support.
Specific duties include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with corporations in Canada including the very largest enterprises, as well as small and mid-market businesses in a specific industry sector;
- Manage a portfolio of 50 plus key corporate partners and prospects
- Complete calls and visits in order to generate new business in order to meet personal fundraising goal;
- Cultivate and stewarding ongoing relationships with donors;
- Track donor activity in donor database (KYDS);
- Develop compelling proposals;
- Play a key role in working with volunteers, colleagues, and researchers to identify donor prospects; develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for those donor prospects;
- Work closely with the appropriate Foundation teams with regard to gift administration, public affairs, research, proposal development, recognition and stewardship;
- Develop donor acquisition, retention and migration strategies for Corporate donors;
- Cultivate effective relationships within the hospital to support program alignment, proposal development, volunteer opportunities, donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship;
- Develop a network of contacts interested in advancing the mission and success of SickKids Foundation and the Hospital for Sick Children; and
- Participate in team and cross-functional projects as assigned.
The successful applicant must possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, with a focus in fundraising, marketing, sales or other applicable disciplines;
- 5 + years relevant experience in fundraising combined with a proven track record working with corporations;
- A proven track record as an exceptional fundraiser;
- A professional designation such as CRFE, CFP would be preferable;
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with donors, volunteers, hospital representatives and other key stakeholders;
- The ability to articulate the importance of pediatric healthcare in its three facets: clinical, education and research;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and multi-task;
- A go-getter, team player and relationship-builder;
- Creative, resourceful, cost-efficient and intuitively driven;
- The ability to think strategically and work independently in directing new initiatives or enhancing existing programs;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking;
- Organized, detailed oriented, with strong follow through;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office);and
- Experience with relational databases an asset.
*This is a temporary full time position for a maternity/parental leave)
Apply through: https://goo.gl/bjqeFw
Established in 1972, SickKids Foundation raises funds on behalf of The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) and is the largest charitable funder of child health research, learning and care in Canada. Philanthropy is a critical source of funding for SickKids – one of the world’s foremost pediatric health-care institutions. Thanks to the generosity of the community, and as a result of a record-breaking year in fundraising, SickKids Foundation generated an unprecedented $141 million for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2017. For more information, please visit: sickkidsfoundation.com.
As a national charity, SickKids Foundation not only invests in the important work taking place at SickKids, it also invests in national and international initiatives to benefit children in Canada and around the world. This commitment is true to the spirit of the Foundation’s founders, who articulated a vision for the Foundation that went well beyond the hospital walls 45 years ago.
Together we will change the future of children’s health.