Posted On: 2017-08-02
Closing On: 2017-08-18
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Toronto Foundation
Established in 1981, Toronto Foundation is a registered Canadian charity and one of 191 Community Foundations in Canada.
We pool philanthropic dollars and facilitate charitable donations for maximum community impact in Toronto and across Canada. Our individual, family and organizational Funds number more than 500 and we administer over $400 million in assets. Through strategic granting, thought leadership and convening, we engage in city building to strengthen the quality of life in Toronto.
We are seeking a dedicated relationship builder with a flare for process and analytical thinking. You will be part of a small but mighty team with an ambitious and diverse program of activities so your ability to juggle multiple responsibilities on tight timelines is essential. If you are a self-starter with demonstrated experience developing long-term donor satisfaction, this role may be for you.
The Manager of Fundholder Engagement reports to the Director, Fundholder Engagement and is a member of the operational management team of Toronto Foundation. The position is responsible for the proactive engagement and growth of a portfolio of approximately 60-80 Fundholders, within a larger portfolio of over 400 Fundholders totalling nearly $200 million in assets for the Foundation
This role has a specific focus on developing meaningful Fundholder engagement that can lead to a deeper experience with TF and ultimately growth of their Funds. More specifically:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fundholder Engagement and Development – 60%
- Work closely with the Director, Fundholder Engagment to develop and execute a comprehensive stewardship plan to engage over 400 Toronto Foundation Fundholders.
- Provide proactive stewardship and direct service for a portfolio of approximately 60 Fundholders, working with other members of the Foundation team to:
- Ensure personal, customized, thoughtful and attentive donor service.
- As appropriate take the lead in responding to individual Fundholder requests for tailored research and grant proposals aligned to their interest
- Work with Fundholders to build relationships that may lead to increased giving to their Fund, including securing planned giving and legacy commitments.
- Build relationships with Fundholders to identify referrals to new prospects.
- Develop and provide proactive and reactive engagement opportunities e.g., selection committee participation, TF events, site visits, customized thank you opportunities.
- Work with Director, Fundholder Engagement to set targets to drive increased Fundholder investment in funds, and maximize granting from funds.
- Work with the Director, Fundholder Engagement to ensure the team delivers superior transactional services to all Fundholders.
- Work with the Director, Fundholder Engagement to ensure Fund agreement compliance.
Administration & Organizational Leadership – 40%
- Manager and mentor to the Grants Administrator.
- Supervision as required of the Fundholder Engagement Officer on special projects.
- Work cross departmentally with the:
- Community Initiatives team to ensure knowledge of best practices in granting.
- Development team to ensure smooth transition of new Fundholders
- Finance team to ensure up to date knowledge of policies and investment strategies for communications with Fundholders.
- Finance and IT as technical liaison for the team.
- Marketing/Communications team to develop appropriate events/tools/materials for reaching our Fundholders.
- Participate with peer group of Community Foundations of Canada to share content, and develop new, best practices for Fundholder Engagement.
- Participate in relevant industry conversations (e.g. social media and webinars) and associations (e.g. CAGP and AFP) to represent TF as a thought leader in the sector.
- Participate in team annual goal setting planning and performance review as established by people processes; support employee engagement strategies as required.
- Participate in organizational cross-team activities as required.
- Is responsive to new opportunities as they arise.
- Provide support for Toronto Foundation events as required.
- Occasional evenings and weekend work required.
- University degree in a related field
- 5-7 years of related experience in a philanthropic environment
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Proven track record in relationship building leading to high level of donor satisfaction
- Major Gifts experience would be an asset
- Good business writing skills
- Superior attention to detail for maintaining high level compliance standards
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to engage Donors and deliver excellent service
- Thorough decision making skills
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated sound work ethics
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in a variety of settings and with shifting priorities and deadlines
- Operates with honestly and integrity with a genuine desire to make valuable contributions to the team
- Team player that fosters team-based learning
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Excellent proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
Toronto Foundation is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). As such, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
Please submit your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: August 18, 2017 at 5:00 PM