Position: Fund Development Coordinator – Full-time Permanent Position
Location: Toronto, Ontario
March of Dimes Canada is a community-based rehabilitation and advocacy charity for people with physical disabilities. Our goal is to enhance the independence and community participation of people with physical disabilities every day through a wide range of programs and services across the country.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Associate Director of Individual Giving to coordinate all aspects of the program which include: major gifts, planned giving, and digital.
• Work collaboratively with staff regarding direct mail and the monthly program.
• Manage a pipeline list to assist with donor prospecting and stewardship.
• In collaboration with the fund development team, provide assistance in the development of digital strategies
• Draft letters to send to donors and provide content / articles for newsletters
• Assist with efforts to meet and retain new and existing donors, develop new relationships with potential and current donors and interface as appropriate Coordinate personal correspondence and donor visits with selected donors and ensures high quality personalized communication.
• Contribute to program plans and budget, specifically in regards to each individual giving’s program strategies and materials.
• Conduct prospect research in support of major gifts and fundraising opportunities across Canada
• Prepare detailed campaign statistics and analysis monthly, flagging any problems or issues to management.
• Provide on-going support to the department including database coding
• Produce reports or print material of lists as required from various users and support list development.
• A degree and a post graduate fund development diploma or certificate.
• Minimum 2 (two) years of fund development experience
• Previous experience with a non-profit organization.
• Experience with fundraising database software (e.g. Cornerstone, Raiser Edge, etc).
• Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Effective Presentation skills.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Interested applicants please send your cover letter and resume to:
Keith Duncan, Human Resources Manager
Applications accepted until: August 16 2017
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.