We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic fundraising professional to join Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation as the Development Coordinator, Major Gifts.
Reporting to the Director, Major Gifts and working in close partnership with the Major Gifts team, the Development Coordinator, Major Gifts will provide effective stewardship and fundraising support to the Major Gifts program.
These responsibilities are accomplished while actively participating in a fast-paced, team environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines. Demanding, challenging and exciting, this role requires an energetic, highly-organized team-player.
About Joseph Brant Hospital
Founded by a group of citizens eager for a community hospital, Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) opened its doors in 1961 and doubled in size in 1971. JBH is the only acute care hospital in Burlington, serving a catchment area of a quarter of a million people from Burlington and communities in Halton and Hamilton including Waterdown, Flamborough, Stoney Creek and east Hamilton. The Hospital is regarded as a leader in implementing best practices in a patient and family approach to care, rooted in organizational values known as the CARE (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) Commitment.
The Hospital provides a range of primary and secondary services, including specialty clinical services. It also participates in, and supports, key regional programs including cancer care, vascular and thoracic services, cardiac care and maternal and newborn services. The Emergency Department supports the local community and handles approximately 44,000 annual visits.
About Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation
JBHF was founded in 1976 to support Joseph Brant Hospital. We are committed to engaging our community, inspiring investment in our Hospital and making a difference in healthcare for our community. Our vision is to make a difference in our community, and through the generous giving of our supporters to provide an exceptional healthcare experience right here in Burlington.
Through the support of the community, Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation has raised millions of dollars for Joseph Brant Hospital and helped to achieve the mission of providing Compassionate Care, Exemplary Service, Every Time.
Our Hospital is currently undergoing the largest redevelopment project in Burlington’s history. The Halton McMaster Family Health Centre opened in the spring of 2015, and our new seven-storey patient tower will open to the public on August 21. Over two-thirds of our existing hospital will be renovated following completion of the tower, providing updated equipment and facilities. This will be a transformation in our Hospital, and our healthcare which will have tremendous impacts on this community for generations.
The Foundation is governed by a team of community volunteer leaders, and is managed by a dedicated staff of professionals who ensure that every donation is used effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of patients and their families.
- Support, coordinate and execute activities and events related to the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of Major Gifts donors (tours, receptions, reports, packages, etc.);
- Coordinate Major Gifts department recognition policies and processes, including the naming opportunity inventory and production of plaques/signage/listings, etc.;
- Coordinate and oversee the prospect management system and be responsible for coding and entering relevant information (including call reports, solicitor assignments, etc.), market and prospect information into the Raiser’s Edge database;
- Support colleagues and maintain a high level of professionalism;
- Maintain a high degree of motivation and superior work ethic consistent with the employment philosophy of the Foundation;
- Participate actively as a member of the Foundation Team;
- Perform other duties as required in furthering the goals of the Major Gifts Team and the Foundation.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University degree or college diploma;
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a fundraising environment, or similar;
- Strong computer literacy, excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Superior organizational and planning skills (time management, priority setting);
- Shows initiative/self-starter – ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism, maturity, judgment, tact and discretion;
- Knowledge of fundraising databases (Raiser’s Edge is preferred);
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.