Posted On: 2017-08-03
Closing On: 2017-09-11
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
About JA Central Ontario
We inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. We teach students how to start businesses that create jobs. JA programs teach entrepreneurial values that strengthen workplaces and teach skills to generate wealth, and manage it. We believe in the boundless potential of young people. In this last year JA Central Ontario was proud to deliver 2100 programs, connect with 3800 volunteers and inspire 55,000 students. The organization is part of a global network reaching 10M students annually.
Job Description: Director, Marketing & Communications
It is the purpose of this role to lead the new, critical, multi-year marketing strategies that support in the organization’s 2017 – 2021 Strategic Plan. The primary goal is to increase awareness of our brand amongst key stakeholder groups and support planned revenue growth.
1. Implement the strategic vision of the organization to diversify and grow revenue and create greater awareness among key stakeholders
- Support the development and implementation of a 50th Anniversary Homecoming/Alumni campaign for launch sometime in 2018
- Support the implementation of a PR campaign to identify JA Central Ontario as a thought leader in the area of Entrepreneurship, Financial Literacy and Work Readiness
- Act as the key liaison between JA Central Ontario and contracted external partners in the development of strategy, the implementation of plans and budget management
- Assist in the identification of key stakeholder groups and ensure appropriate data collection
2. Lead and manage JA Central Ontario Marketing & Communications Initiatives
- Develop the annual marketing plan; including strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve goals. Define success metrics.
- Oversee the development and production of external publications including newsletters, donor publications, e-bulletins and Annual Reports
- Oversee the effective use of all social media activities with the goal of creating greater engagement
- Manage the content and maintain the currency of the JA Central Ontario website
- Ensure all communication reflects key messages, Case for Support positioning and adheres to the JA Branding Guidelines
- Working with the Special Events Manager, prepare the text for all print and script materials to support annual fund-raising events (Governors Dinner and Golf) and Student Educational Events
- Oversee the creation, use and storing of video assets for use by the organization
- Act as JACO’s representative to connect with the media; supports the CEO as Spokesperson for the organization; develops and maintain a database of media contacts
- Prepare quarterly written updates for inclusion in Board reports
3. Engage with the work of JA Central Ontario
- Deliver one classroom program on an annual basis
- Visit a Company Program annually
- Be available for major organizational events like Governors Dinner, Golf, Titan, VentureOn, etc.
- Be a JA ambassador at all times, exemplifying the organization’s high degree of professionalism, Core Values and excellence in all interactions
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the strategic design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities – preferably in the NFP sector
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in a related field at a strategic leadership level
- Strong writing skills
- Experience in the graphic design and production of print materials and publications
- Experience in Digital marketing, social media and video production
- Experience in content marketing and partnership development
- A project management mindset with the ability to manage time, HR resources and budgets
- Strong oral and written communications skills combined with a creative mindset
- Commitment to working with shared leadership in a cross-functional team
- Ability to lead and engage folks who are not direct reports
- Post-secondary degree in journalism, marketing and public relations preferred
You’ll love this job if you are:
- Motivated to be a trail-blazer forging a new and exciting communications path for the organization
- Keen on working in a highly collaborative and supportive environment of co-workers striving for excellence.
Please submit your CV as well as a cover letter by Monday September 11, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further conversation. Thank you for your interest in this important role.