Posted On: 2017-08-03
Closing On: 2017-09-04
Location: Scarborough, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Scarborough Centre for Healthy Communities (SCHC) is dedicated to meeting the diverse, holistic health needs of the people of Scarborough by addressing the physical, mental, social, financial and environmental aspects of their health. Through the promotion of healthy lifestyles and delivery of a comprehensive range of culturally competent health and social services, we cultivate vital and connected communities.
Originally founded as West Hill Community Services in 1977, SCHC is one of the most established and comprehensive community health organizations in the province. We employ over 155 staff, engage over 650 volunteers and operate 38 distinct and integrated services across 11 sites that work together to improve the health of our community. We provide medical assistance through our clinics, are involved in a growing youth program, and have an array of social support programs including a food, furniture and clothing bank. We work tirelessly to offer programs, services and opportunities that profoundly impact the health of the communities we serve.
Scarborough Centre for Healthy Communities (SCHC) is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to lead the implementation of our recently approved Fund Development Strategic Plan. The focus of this plan is on the preparation of grant proposals and funding applications to well-researched prospects in support of our wide diversity of programs and services.
The Fund Development Manager is a newly created position designed to generate the additional revenue required to expand and enhance our priority programs. This will be accomplished by implementing and managing a multi-pronged fundraising strategy that includes foundation grants, corporate donations, a new corporate volunteer team building initiative, monthly giving, and generating planned gifts through bequests. All of these programs are at the initial stages of development, so we are looking for a self-motived individual with 3 – 5 years of fundraising experience, preferably with a CFRE designation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. The ability to build a culture of philanthropy in the organization and cultivate relationships with funders are key strengths we are seeking. The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and requires strong collaboration with staff and volunteers.
- Provide leadership and guidance in all areas of fund development
- Develop and execute integrated and innovative fund development strategies for:
- Foundation Grant Proposals
- Corporate Appeals & Engagement
- Monthly Giving
- Planned Giving & Bequests
- Third Party Events & Activities
- Research and profile foundation, corporate and other funding prospects
- Develop compelling grant proposals, appeals and other fundraising communications
- Create and promote a new monthly giving program for individuals
- Engage local corporations in a volunteer/employee teambuilding social enterprise
- Cultivation, recognition and stewardship of donors and funders
- Engage staff and volunteers in fundraising activities
- Report on and update our Fund Development Strategic Plan objectives & targets
- Ensure organization compliance of fundraising policies and government regulations
Knowledge, Skill & Experience:
- Post-secondary degree, supported by an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated fundraising-related work experience in the non-profit sector – CFRE an asset
- Ability to manage an integrated and diverse fund development portfolio
- Proficiency in the development of cases for support, proposals and stewardship documents
- Strong track record in securing foundation grants and corporate donations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with monthly giving programs
- Sound understanding of planned giving vehicles with a focus on bequests
- Personable and able to interact with a wide variety of individuals and personalities
- Effective planning, organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to manage multi-phase projects from inception to completion, including the ability to build consensus among team members and balance multiple concurrent priorities
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of initiative and creativity and an ability to problem solve using sound judgment in situations requiring independent decision making
Workplace Requirements & Conditions:
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits as well as a comfortable and respectful work environment.
·Location: 629 Markham Road, Scarborough, Ontario M1H 2A4
Occasional travel to other SCHC sites in Scarborough
·Occasional evening/weekend work required
·As a condition of employment, a criminal record check with a vulnerable sector screening is required.
Please send your resume and a cover letter by email to:
Peter Hoppe: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “SCHC Fund Development Manager” in the subject line. All enquiries and applications will be kept in strict confidence.
While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. SCHC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where everyone feels valued respected and supported.