Posted On: 2017-08-03
Closing On: 2017-08-18
Location: Ajax, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Fundraising Assistant – Ajax Pickering Hospital Foundation
The Ajax Pickering Hospital Foundation is seeking a fundraising assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will have exceptional customer service skills and a keen interest in developing their fundraising and special event talents. Working in a small but dynamic office the Fundraising Assistant will act as clerical and fundraising support for community fundraising activities and events.
Roles and Responsibilities
- First point of contact for donors, staff and public by providing a welcoming and knowledgeable greeting and assistance
- Co-ordinate Circle of Gratitude program; tribute gifts to hospital staff
- Thank you calls to current donors
- Assist staff and volunteers with all fundraising events including, but not limited to, the Mayor’s Gala, Mayors’ Charity Classic, Family Fun Day, Firefighters Boot Drive and parades.
- Attend all events.
- Be responsible for the coordination of records management for fundraising events including invoices and accounts payable using Raisers Edge
- Maintain inventory, collate, and prepares fundraising and event materials for distribution to communities and/or event participants
- Support the smooth running of a busy office by maintaining office supply inventory and general clerical support for fundraising
- Support the CEO with the preparation of packages for committees and volunteers
- Process credit card & cheque donations
- Enter all donations correctly into Raisers Edge
- Prepare and mail thank you letters and tax receipts
- Experience with fundraising database; Raisers’ Edge preferred
- Previous experience in a not for profit preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to focus on very detailed data work where accuracy is essential
- Superior skills with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in social media and graphics will be an additional preferred asset
Application Deadline August 18, 2017. To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Those selected for an interview will be contacted.