Posted On: 2017-08-09
Closing On: 2017-08-18
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Fund-Raiser/Grant Writer is responsible for fundraising and grant writing for specific programs and Ministry Units. The incumbent will develop and implement communication, information and prospecting strategies and programs in order to raise significant resources and funding through acquisition of significant gifts, grants and donations for The Salvation Army.
- Planning and implementing areas of fundraising, including prospect review, prospect research and documentation, cultivation and solicitation and stewardship of individuals, corporations, foundations and individuals
- Meeting with related Ministry Unit Executive Directors and management teams to learn of the needs and opportunities to effectively communicate with potential donors and foundations. To build an effective “case for support”
- Developing a targeted knowledge base relationship with potential donors and volunteers, which includes face to face, socializing, recognition and ongoing contact
- Through networking, continually identifying and developing potential relationships which may link individual interests with Army needs
- Recruiting and securing major gifts from key volunteer leaderships who will open doors to other volunteers and potential donors; empowers them with training, tools, direction, ongoing encouragement and motivation to enable them to successfully complete these tasks
- Preparing detailed funding proposals including budget time lines, other funding partners for foundations and corporations
- Managing prospect clearance to ensure coordinated and prioritized approaches to fundraising.
- Providing reports, statistics, and information needed for a fair evaluation of the progress and growth of the function
- Participating on committee/boards/councils or programs, as required
The successful candidate will:
- Have completed at least two (2) years of Community College in a related field
- At least three years of prior related experience, including general fundraising, marketing and public relations, sales, volunteer boards, and basic business acumen and experience
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and tact
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Travel will be required, access to a personal vehicle for business purposes
- Commitment to supporting the Mission and Values of The Salvation Army
- Valid Criminal Records Check
SALARY: under review
HOURS: 40 hours per week
Interested applicants are asked to contact Employee Relations Department by August 18, 2017
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application