Posted On: 2017-08-10
Closing On: 2017-09-07
Location: London, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
ABOUT IVEY BUSINESS SCHOOL:
Ivey Business School (http://www.ivey.cawww.ivey.ca) at Western University is widely regarded as Canada’s most prestigious business school and among the top in the world. Drawing on extensive research and business experience, Ivey equips students with the knowledge and capabilities they need to confidently take on business leadership challenges and opportunities. Ivey offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs as well as Executive Education at campuses in London (Ontario), Toronto and Hong Kong.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To increase philanthropic support for Ivey’s key priorities by effectively managing a personal portfolio of high-capacity prospects, leading a team responsible for all elements of fundraising, and collaborating with the Executive Director, Advancement in the development and implementation of strategies that build sustainable and growing development programs.
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
1. With the Executive Director, develop and implement an overall strategy for the Major Gift program to reach annual and long term fundraising goals. Manage the major gift team to effectively achieve both team and individual objectives.
2. Manage a significant personal portfolio of assigned major gift prospects. Assume responsibility for cultivating and soliciting support from them, both individually and/or in collaboration with the Dean, Executive Director, Associate Deans, senior faculty and volunteers.
3. With the Executive Director, develop strategies for managing key volunteers who are assisting in the cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors.
4. With the Executive Director, develop and implement an overall strategy to attract unrestricted gifts from each of the School’s constituencies to build a sustainable resource base and increased financial support for the School’s annual operations.
5. Oversee and support the development and production of effective donor focused collaterals, proposals and cases for support.
6. Work collaboratively with the Executive Director and Advancement colleagues to formulate and implement the School’s overall fundraising strategies as well as department processes and procedures.
7. Collaborate with appropriate School administrative officers and faculty in identifying attractive opportunities for donor investment and fashion presentations and/or proposals to secure support for these investments.
8. Provide direction on the annual plan for promoting and securing planned gifts.
9. In collaboration with the Executive Director and Major Gift Officers, provide direction and approval for all proposals and development collaterals.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The incumbent should possess a university degree in business, communications or arts plus 6 to 8 years experience in fundraising including successful management of a portfolio of major gift prospects. Experience managing major gift staff is a definite asset.
The incumbent must also possess:
• exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence and trust in alumni, friends and corporate and foundation stakeholders
• superior listening skills and the ability to interpret the concerns and interests of potential stakeholders and translate them into attractive opportunities for investment in the School’s development priorities
• a sophisticated grasp of direct mail/telemarketing techniques and related methods for building and sustaining annual support from a broad cross-section of the Ivey Business School alumni and other constituencies
• experience organizing, training, and motivating volunteers
• experience managing in team-oriented department and ability to motivate staff to achieve goals of the Development Department.
• ability to organize and manage a diverse range of assignments and projects with high efficiency, yet thorough attention to detail and follow through
• strong communication skills, both oral and written
• resourceful and independent, but comfortable working within the framework of an integrated development program and team-oriented environment
• appreciation of the mission, purpose and values of a comprehensive university and, more particularly, a teaching business school and its responsiveness to the educational and research requirements of a sophisticated international business community
Location: Ivey Business School, Western University, London, Ontario
This is a 2 year renewable contract position with full benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their applications in confidence to: email@example.com. Please reference ADV290 in the subject line. Candidates will be considered as applications are received and the posting will remain open until a candidate is identified.
DIVERSITY & ACCOMMODATION:
Ivey Business School invites applications from all qualified individuals. Ivey is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation for interviews or other meetings, please contact Ivey Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 519-661-2111 ext. 85771.