Posted On: 2017-08-11
Closing On: 2017-09-01
Location: Creemore, ON or home office
Employment Type: Full-Time
The opportunity: Do you want to be part of a solution addressing the 40% of First Nations in Ontario that are under a boil water advisory? Water First is working collaboratively with First Nations addressing drinking water and environmental water challenges. Are you collaborative? Entrepreneurial? Committed to respectful First Nations engagement? Excited about growing the fundraising program, the opportunity to work with a dynamic ED and make a meaningful difference? Then read on!
About us: Water First, based in Creemore, Ontario addresses First Nations drinking water and environmental water challenges through education, training and meaningful collaboration. As an organization experiencing significant growth, we are looking for a qualified and vibrant individual who can meet the challenge of implementing, further developing and growing our annual development plan.
About the job: The current fundraising program is small but has exciting opportunities to grow exponentially. If you take on this role, you will be “flying the plane as you build it.” Water First is a small fundraising shop and if you know small fundraising shops, you know you have to do everything and be the resident expert in each of the fundraising methods used. Cathy Mann of Cathy Mann & Associates is guiding the development of the fundraising program and will be available for support, coaching and mentoring.
Fundraising program growth will come from the use of a clever digital media strategy; good, old fashioned foundation grant writing; a creative special event (still tbd); a relationship-based individual giving approach and corporate support. While some of these elements already exist, many of them are in their infancy and you will be expected to nurture them and help them grow. The fundraising program will be your “baby.”
You’ll also be required to develop and build the fundraising infrastructure. Here is the good news: you get to start from the beginning and get it right. You won’t have to overcome past challenges.
This job offers flexible hours & workplace with opportunities to work from home and in the field.
Compensation: $48,000 - $65,000 full time annual salary range, progressive holiday package.
- A related degree, diploma or certification in fund development
- Minimum 3 years of professional fundraising experience
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Access to a vehicle and you can drive
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to a changing work environment
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and success in fundraising
- Able to start Sept 25th 2017, with possibility to start earlier/later
- A member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Able to work from the Creemore head office at least occasionally, and are set up to productively work from home
- Familiar with First Nations community engagement
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm September 1st at the latest. Applicants are encouraged to apply early for advanced consideration.
Questions? Call John Millar, Executive Director: 1-800-970-8467 ext 101.
Water First encourages qualified First Nations applicants to apply