Posted On: 2017-08-21
Closing On: 2017-09-15
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: October 16, 2017
Employment Type: Full-Time
DIGNITAS INTERNATIONAL is more than a medical and research organization. We are a family of scientists, innovators, artists, health care providers and humanitarians committed to tackling global health challenges and improving access to health care for all.
To address the next wave of global health challenges, we must be creative, committed and resourceful. Are you a passionate storyteller that can spark a conversation about our brand and build authentic relationships with our supporters? This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and experienced professional who thrives in a fun, dynamic workplace.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, the Marketing and Communications Manager is an integral member of the fundraising team and is responsible for producing compelling marketing products and strengthening organizational visibility through consistent branding and messaging. Key areas include brand management, media/public relations and fundraising support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Director to create and implement an integrated communications and marketing strategy that drives revenue generation and boosts public awareness of the organization.
- Lead the creative development, writing and production for all print and digital marketing collateral (brochures, research/program briefs, annual reports, event invitations, signage, etc.) Liaise with relevant departments to manage technical content review, copyediting and approval processes.
- Lead the overall management of the corporate website including creative design and content updates. Coordinate with vendors and contractors (where applicable) for the production of marketing collateral, event promotional materials, web design, etc.
- Provide oversight for organizational brand management guidelines, including visual identity and key messaging.
- Vet and respond to media requests and provide messaging for Dignitas spokespeople (staff and board members). Monitor media stories and ensure that staff/board are briefed about relevant coverage. Seek out media opportunities related to DI research and program outcomes, fundraising activities, and policy engagement initiatives.
- Develop relationships with media outlets including media sponsors when applicable. Responsible for the writing and dissemination of press releases or liaising with PR firm when applicable. Responsible for engaging and growing social community (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Spearhead public relations events and support organizational marketing needs for international scientific conferences (collateral development, media relations, event support) and other special initiatives.
- Manage online engagement strategy including creating campaign or event-related e-blasts and quarterly e-newsletters. Develop online editorial calendar to coordinate donor touch points. Manage Google grants and SEO tactics to increase donor engagement and conversion on corporate website.
- Investigate new trends and opportunities in direct & mass marketing to improve donor retention. Enhance strategies for lapsed donor reactivation and explore opportunities for acquisition efforts.
- Write and bring to publish key annual stewardship reports such as Year in Review and Annual Report
- Support the promotion of signature fundraising events/campaigns including Annual Charity Film Screening, Give A Day and Holiday Campaign.
- Manage and deliver on direct marketing appeals including but not limited to: direct mail campaigns, online fundraising & crowdsourcing platforms, e-blasts and corporate/foundation fundraising proposals.
- With final approval from the Director, manage and reconcile communications and marketing budget expenditures to ensure the effective and cost-efficient use of resources.
- Provide a quarterly metrics report on website, e-blasts, print, broadcast media, and online community growth (social media).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Personal values aligned with those of the organization, demonstrated through work or community involvement.
- Minimum 5 years of marketing management and/or communications experience. Some non-profit sector experience preferred.
- Experience in managing large projects, external consultants and vendors
- Masters Degree in Marketing, Communications, Media, Public Relations, etc. preferred.
- Team player who thrives in a dynamic environment. Collaborative working/management style. Highly motivated and resourceful; possesses an entrepreneurial spirit. Ability to set priorities, problem-solve, meet deadlines, and work with multiple staff and stakeholders. Strengths as a negotiator and facilitator; ability to help resolve conflicts.
- Advanced level of writing and editing print and electronic communications including proofreading skills and verbal communications skills. Ability to write quickly, clear and strategically, with appropriate styles for different audiences.
- Creative thinker and expert at managing a creative process from concept to production. Graphic design expertise using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
How to Apply:
Please forward full resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Closing date: September 15, 2017 at 5pm ET.
We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be short-listed on a regular basis and the position may be filled prior to the closing date.