Posted On: 2017-08-28
Closing On: 2017-09-19
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Territorial Manager of Major Gifts and Planned Giving
Post Closing: September 19, 2017
Competiton # :17-064
The Territorial Manager of Major Gifts and Planned Giving (TM-MGPG) will provide strategic leadership and direction for The Salvation Army’s Major Gifts and Planned Giving fundraising programs. The TM-MGPG will develop key strategies for the development and growth of the Planned Giving program and re-launch a renewed Major Gifts program.
• Provide strategic leadership and direction to the Major Gifts program, launching a renewed development plan for income growth in Major Gifts across the divisions
• Research and cultivate new relationships and capitalize on existing relationships with organizations and foundations, as well as high net worth individuals who will consider a national scope for their philanthropic giving
• Cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of targeted national corporations, businesses and foundations
• Establish and maintain effective procedures in prospect research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of Major Gifts
• Conduct regular prospect review meetings with development staff, assign solicitors to selected donors and evaluate moves management conducted by development staff
• Budget for income and expenditures in the Major Gift program, track progress against budgets and report regularly on key metrics and performance indicators
• Develop and coordinate a stewardship strategy for national corporate donors
• Develop and coordinate with divisions an ongoing stewardship call program for high file donors
• Provide strategic leadership and direction to the Planned Giving program, including the development of long-term plan for income growth and prospect development
• Develop and launch new legacy giving resources, including marketing materials and prospect development tools
Managerial and working relationships:
• Responsible for managing employees, including hiring, discipline, performance review and termination.
• Reports directly to the Territorial Director of Development
• Supervises Legacy Coordinator and conducts their annual performance review
• Is an active participant of the Development leadership team
• Liaises with Divisional staff
• Liaises with various external stakeholders.
• Background in a multi-faceted, national or non-profit organization would be an asset
• Past experience and demonstrated success in the direct solicitation of major gifts and planned gifts
• Demonstrated knowledge of all components of a successful fundraising program
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines and coordinate many projects at the same time
• Ability to connect and communicate effectively with a diverse range of donors and prospects including individual, foundations, and corporations
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills and experience
• Well-developed sense of responsibility and priority setting
• High standards of integrity, judgement, and confidentiality and an ability to model the values and standards of The Salvation Army.
• Alignment with the mission and vision of The Salvation Army in Canada
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree from an accredited program and/or professional designation such as CFRE is required
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience including fundraising and/or business management
• Proven fundraising or sales ability
• Previous experience in nonprofit sector would be an asset
• Must be flexible to travel within Canada as required
• Flexible to work in excess of the regular 40 hour work week as required
• Must possess a valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s license
Please include the competition # 17-064 in the subject line of your email.
Interested Applicants must respond in writing to: Employee Relations, Fax: (416) 422-6352, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.