Posted On: 2017-08-30
Closing On: 2017-09-22
Location: Whitby/Durham Region, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
This project is a collaborative partnership between Durham Hospice Clarington (building a 5 bed residential hospice) and VON Community Corporation/VON Ontario (building a 10 bed residential hospice). This contract will reside with the Durham Hospice Clarington group. It is intended that these two residential hospices will serve citizens in the Durham Region. The Capital Campaign is to raise a total of $15M for both the VON Durham Whitby Hospice and the Durham Hospice in Clarington.
Reporting to a collaborative partnership comprised of volunteers from Durham Hospice Clarington Board, and VON Durham Community Corporation /VON Ontario, the Director of Development is responsible for developing, leading and executing a Joint Capital Campaign in support of two Residential Hospices in the Whitby and Clarington locales within Durham Region. The Director of Development is responsible for generating philanthropic support from individuals, corporations and foundations at the annual, major gifts and planned giving levels.
The duration of this role will be for approximately two consecutive one-year terms
Lead strategic and tactical implementation of a multi-year $15M Joint Capital Campaign; Develop and manage a comprehensive campaign plan; Establish and manage capital campaign operating budget; Build and maintain a diverse portfolio of donors at the major gift level and develop a monitoring and tracking system; Identify and qualify prospects, create plans for the cultivation, solicitation of prospects and ensure recognition and stewardship of donors; Develop customized major gifts proposals and personalized gift agreements; Build and manage Direct Mail and Online Giving Campaigns Establish policies and procedures for gift processing and receipting; Support Campaign Cabinets and the Boards of VON Durham Hospice and Durham Hospice – Clarington, ensuring appropriate communications to keep senior volunteers up-to-date on campaign progress; Build a volunteer team to assist with identifying prospects and with solicitation activities; Develop clear roles and responsibilities for volunteers Use data management system to ensure the accurate and timely recording and reporting of data Collaborate with the Boards and their staff/consultants to advance community outreach initiatives and provide guidance for key fundraising events.
• Post-secondary degree in relevant field of study required, Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation preferred
• Minimum ten (10) years fundraising management experience is essential
• Proven experience of managing a capital campaign and building a major gifts program
• Proven track record in capital fund raising in a similar size campaign
• Experience in planning and executing significant fund development programs and campaigns in collaboration with volunteers
• Credible expertise in the full spectrum of fund development with demonstrated experience in managing senior level volunteers
• Proven track record of attracting, retaining and deepening the engagement of donors
• Experience working in an organization with a national/local dynamic
• Experience working in the health and/or community support services sector an asset
• Must be fully conversant with CRA requirements as they apply to registered charities
• Experience in managing and overseeing budgets
• Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to relate effectively with people at all levels (internal and external)
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic, professional and personal integrity
• Literate in computer programs including the Microsoft Office Suite, Raiser's Edge, and Adobe
• A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records check is required upon the start of your employment
• A Vulnerable Sector Search Check may be required
• Must be willing and able to travel throughout the site/region
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
If you know of someone who is interested in becoming a part of our VON team, please encourage them to apply online! www.von.ca > Careers > Career Listings or http://www.von.ca/en/careers
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: September 22, 2017