Posted On: 2017-09-06
Closing On: 2017-09-28
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: October 2017
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the MNjcc:
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. We provide opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, to learn, to connect and to participate in a wide range of cultural experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all.
Founded in 1953 the MNjcc is home to a 3600 member Fitness Centre, the Al Green Theatre, four schools, four choirs, a wide range of arts and cultural activities, Jewish Life programming, and a robust Active 55+ program.
Short Description of the Position:
The Development Associate plays an important role by providing fundraising support to the MNjcc and participating in all fundraising activities including grant writing and annual giving. Reporting to the Director of Development, this multifaceted position is an opportunity for an experienced, dynamic, organized individual who is looking to apply and expand their skills in a team-oriented organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- 30% Grants & Proposals - Ensure the timely submission of corporate, foundation and government grant proposals, applications, and reports in collaboration with programming and management staff.
- 25% Annual Giving - Implement the execution of two annual fundraising campaigns and other special appeals as needed, as well as monthly renewals, and report on financial outcomes.
- 15% Stewardship – Monitor the gift acknowledgement process and other donor correspondence.
- 10% Communications - Collaborate with the Marketing team on content as needed to ensure relevant donor-centered communications, such as e-newsletter, website and social media updates.
- 10% Event Coordination- Coordinate the planning, promotion and logistics of an annual fundraising event and other stewardship/cultivation events as needed.
- 5% Prospecting - Research and identify potential funding sources, including foundations, government grants and corporate prospects, and maintain tracking system to ensure all deadlines are met.
- 5% Other Duties - Assist with the coordination and management of additional fundraising and development activities, as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years full-time relevant experience in fundraising/development.
- Familiarity with grant writing and reporting with strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience with successful research and solicitation of corporate and foundation prospects.
- Proven track record of initiating and executing multi-channel fundraising appeals, including direct mail.
- Knowledge of stewardship best practices to manage regular and timely communications to donors.
- Previous event coordination in collaboration with other staff, volunteers and external vendors an asset.
- Thrives working independently and collaboratively in a team environment, is self-motivated and driven with a positive, “can-do” attitude, strong sense of personal initiative and ownership of projects.
- Extremely well-organized with attention to detail and able to prioritize multiple tasks under short deadlines.
- Possesses a professional demeanor with strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated passion for working in the charitable sector.
- Knowledge of CRM databases and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- A full benefits package is available including medical/dental, membership in the MNjcc Fitness Centre, and discounts on MNjcc programs.
How to apply:
- Email resume and cover letter indicating where you found the posting to email@example.com by September 21 with the subject: “Application: Development Associate”.
- Please note that only candidates moving to the next stage of the selection process will be contacted.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
The MNjcc is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of JCC culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
Please contact David Fielder at: (416) 924-6211 x404; firstname.lastname@example.org; or in person by appointment.