Posted On: 2017-09-08
Closing On: 2017-10-06
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bialik Hebrew Day School in Toronto is seeking applications for the position of:
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Bialik Hebrew Day School offers an enriching, intellectually stimulating academic environment with a focus on Hebrew literacy & Jewish values, Zionism, and engagement with the wider community. Our philosophy is uniquely designed to meet the educational needs of families who seek a non-denominational Jewish day school education for their children.
We seek a Director of Development to join our advancement team, lead our fundraising initiatives and manage our donor relations/recognition programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing our school’s fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and coordinating the development efforts of the school administration, advancement staff, and lay leaders/volunteers.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Prepare and implement an annual plan
- Develop and oversee our annual, major gifts and capital fundraising strategies and programs
- Manage a personal portfolio of major gifts prospects
- Identify prospective individual donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships
- Maintain ongoing communications and steward our donors
- Expand our donor base
- Develop strategies for managing volunteer leadership
- Effectively work with the Head of School and other senior administrators, utilizing their time well to maximize solicitations and raise the culture of philanthropy
- Direct the planning of a variety of fundraising events and donor receptions
- Work with our Marketing Manager to create fundraising marketing materials
- Work collaboratively with our development team including individual(s) reporting to you
Skills and experience:
- Fundraising experience, preferably in a non-profit environment, or transferable skills from the business sector
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Entrepreneurial and a self-starter
- Skilled at asking prospects for gifts to support the School’s mission
- Experience working with donors in the Jewish community an asset
Qualified candidates should apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Director of Development in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. No phone calls please.
We thank all candidates for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.