Habitat for Humanity Canada’s Philanthropy & Resource Development department is growing and we’re looking for a hunter to join our Corporate Partnerships team as a Senior Development Officer. The successful applicant will be a go-getter who has a track record of achieving financial targets through the successful prospecting, development and closing of corporate partnerships, both new and returning.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of the National Office located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The position will report to the Manager, Major & Corporate Giving.
Duties and Responsibilities
- REVENUE GENERATION/FUNDRAISE: Achieve personal and team fundraising financial targets and associated KPIs. Acquire and renew existing national corporate partnerships. Collaborate with the Philanthropy & Resource Development team to ensure proper clearance and strategy for approach. Design and implement effective solicitation strategies that will identify and acquire high-potential national donors. Execute effective stewardship strategies that will strengthen relationships with named donors and uncover opportunities to grow these partnerships. Develop briefing materials, case studies, proposals, presentations, and partnership agreements.
- DEVELOP & MANAGE RELATIONSHIPS: Continually develop relationships with new and returning corporate partners. Grow a network of effective interpersonal relationships with national staff, volunteers, local Habitats and other stakeholders to achieve shared fundraising objectives. Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to solicit gifts for federation-wide priorities.
- PLAN & REPORT: Develop, implement and evaluate personal fundraising plan in line with established targets, associated KPIs, team plan and strategic organizational objectives. Provide complete and comprehensive reports. Maintain up-to-date and accurate donor and prospect records. Continuously ensure that the organization’s donor database management system (Raiser’s Edge) is reflective of all fundraising activities.
- ADVOCATE: Effectively and accurately communicate and align Habitat for Humanity Canada’s mission, values and fundraising priorities within the interests and strategic objectives of national partners, always representing Habitat for Humanity Canada in a highly ethical and confidential manner. Conduct presentations and lead meetings with various internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to, corporate partners, local Habitats, volunteers, team members, and the Executive Leadership Team.
- COLLABORATE: Lead and be a contributing member of interdisciplinary teams. Work with teams to build and execute various projects including, but not limited to, cause marketing initiatives, sponsorship property development, donor development strategies, and program enhancement.
- DEVELOP PROFESSIONALLY: From time to time, participate in professional development opportunities and attend key charitable and donor-related events outside of regular office hours.
- 5+ years of fundraising experience (corporate preferred) or related experience in sales, business development, or corporate partnerships with proven results.
- Willingness to learn and knowledge of best practices in sponsorship fundraising and corporate partnerships.
- University degree in relevant field or demonstrated equivalent working experience.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- A valid driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle as well as a valid passport and ability to travel as required.
- A bias towards action, a can-do attitude, a positive disposition and a natural relationship builder.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence and trust amongst all stakeholders, acting ethically and responsibly in all interactions.
- Ability to think strategically and manage competing priorities in a high-volume and results-oriented environment; demonstrated resourcefulness and independence, but comfortable working within the framework of an integrated development program and team-oriented environment.
- Possess expert communication skills – written, oral and presentation including well developed networking ability with a proven capacity to establish new relationships easily.
- Superior listening skills with an ability to translate the concerns and interests of national donors into attractive opportunities for investment in Habitat for Humanity Canada’s programs and priorities.
- Interest in and dedication to Habitat for Humanity Canada’s mission, with ability to passionately articulate key messages and demonstrate an understanding of the organization’s work.
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills and exacting attention to detail.
- Behaves in a manner that fosters a positive atmosphere throughout the organization; consistently demonstrates a commitment to teamwork, hard work, professionalism and openness.
About Habitat for Humanity Canada
Founded in 1985, Habitat for Humanity Canada is a national, nonprofit organization working toward a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. Habitat for Humanity brings communities together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership. With the help of volunteers, Habitat homeowners and 56 local Habitats working in every province and territory, we provide a solid foundation for better, healthier lives in Canada and around the world.
How to Apply
Interested parties may send a cover letter and resume (including salary expectations) as one document to: email@example.com, with the subject line: Senior Development Officer. Applications will be accepted until October 3, 2017, at 5:00pm ET. No phone calls please. Only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.