Posted On: 2017-09-21
Closing On: 2017-10-16
Location: Oshawa, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Manager, Gift Planning is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating an effective plan to cultivate, solicit and steward planned giving prospects and donors. The Manager, Gift Planning will work with the Foundation team to develop and execute strategies to strengthen and increase the planned giving program. The individual will report to the Director of Development.
- Develop a comprehensive yearly work plan for the Planned Giving Program at Lakeridge Health Foundation. Monitors the plan and ensures adjustments as requirements are made. Reports on key performance indicators and completes progress reports on defined measurements.
- Manage a portfolio of major gifts and planned giving prospects and donors, achieving a pre-determined target of face-to-face cultivation, solicitation and stewardship visits per year and fulfills a solicitation goal. He/she will actively seek new donors and prospects whose intention is to make future gifts (bequests) to Lakeridge Health Foundation.
- Will work closely with the Communications and Stewardship team to coordinate planned giving seminars, recognition events and donor tours.
- Ensure planned giving donors are appropriately tracked and updated in Raiser’s Edge.
- Maintain relationships with the professional advisor community. Will manage all Estate gifts and will respond to and communicate with lawyers, executors, trust companies and/or financial advisors regarding new and current Estate files.
- Oversee proposed planned giving committee.
- Write proposal materials for the solicitation of planned gifts including endowments and annuities, and presents recognition and naming opportunities that would meet the donor’s personal estate and financial planning goals.
- Ensure proper recognition of planned giving donors on the Lakeridge Health recognition system and feature them in planned giving promotional materials and Foundation newsletter.
- Collaborate with the Development team to identify prospects.
- When required, seeks assistance of outside legal counsel to help represent and protect the interests of Lakeridge Health on problem estates.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma required
- 5-7 years of direct experience in major gift and planned giving solicitations
- Proven track record of achieving revenue/sales targets
- Solid public speaking/presentation skills
- Superior written and verbal skills
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge
- Canadian Association of Gift Planners designation an asset
- CFRE Designation considered an asset
Application deadline: October 16, 2017
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “Manager, Gift Planning” in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.