Posted On: 2017-09-21
Closing On: 2017-10-27
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Manager, National Partnerships– RMHC Canada
(RMHC Canada Contract Role)
Status: Full time contract, renewable 3 year term
Reports to: National Director, Partnerships
The worst thing that can happen to a parent is to learn that their child is sick and needs to be hospitalized. Suddenly, life stops overnight, and they enter into a world of worry and fear. For 70% of Canadians who don’t live in close proximity to a children’s hospital, distance is an added stress. Families often travel hundreds of kilometres for treatment and support, and are faced with financial demands, job insecurity, and a healing journey that can take months or even years.
This is where Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms and Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles help.
Every year, over 30,000 families from over 1,800 communities across Canada are supported by 15 Ronald McDonald Houses (providing a caring and supportive environment for families of seriously ill children undergoing treatment), 16 Ronald McDonald Family Rooms (providing a place for families to rest and recharge, right inside the hospital), or 2 Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles (mobile health units bringing medical care to underserved communities in Alberta). Ronald McDonald Houses serve approximately 64% of families of Canada’s most sick and injured children.
And yet, more than 2,000 families were turned away this year due to lack of space. With the goal of keeping families of sick children close - close to each other and close to the care they need – RMHC won’t stop until every family in need has a place to stay while their sick child is being treated. Over the next five years, RMHC is projected to add up to 200 more bedrooms, and expand the Family Room network to 32 in hospitals across the country.
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Canada is the national foundation of support for Canada’s Houses, Family Rooms and Care Mobiles across the country. Through the dedicated and unwavering generosity of its founding and forever partner, McDonalds, and that of numerous other national partners, in-kind partners, and individual donors, RMHC Canada provides the marketing, communications and fundraising support required to ensure the success of the 13 Chapters across Canada.
Because families heal better when they’re together.
The Senior Manager, National Partnerships is responsible for leading, managing and growing a new national fundraising program for RMHC Canada, in support of Canada’s 13 RMHC Chapters. Based at the RMHC Canada office in Toronto, this is a significant and unique opportunity – a newly created role with an established and well-recognized organization, under a strong, engaged and collaborative national leadership team. Reporting to the National Director, Partnerships, the Senior Manager will employ best practices in fundraising to establish and grow an innovative new program, and be actively responsible for maintaining relationships and securing revenue from a portfolio of current donors and prospects.
This newly created position has a strong foundation of national donors, and rich prospect list from which to build a new national fundraising program to support and enable RMHC Programs across Canada. This role will be at the center of a highly collaborative RMHC network, co-creating and directing shared stewardship and donor engagement across the country, and championing a global leader in providing programs that support family-centred care.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support and collaborate with the National Director, Partnerships to develop comprehensive fundraising strategies and plans to build fundraising revenues, achieve annual goals and support RMHC’s mission.
- Identify, research and support effective solicitation of corporate prospects for philanthropic and sponsorship support.
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects, with a focus on corporate partnerships.
- Adhere to the standards of ethical fundraising (AFP, Imagine Canada), industry best-practice, and all RMHC Canada policies, including the Prospect Clearance Process, to cultivate, steward and secure donors at the national level.
Stewardship and Communications:
- Collaborate with RMHC Canada’s Communication and Marketing teams, to develop an annual stewardship and donor communications plan, and participate in its execution.
- Create fundraising proposals customized to specific organizations; as well as marketing / promotional materials, as needed (PowerPoint presentations, letters etc.).
- Prepare reports/updates for internal and national constituents.
- Ensure all donor activity is tracked in Raiser’s Edge database; develop customized financial and prospect/donor reports from fundraising database, in association with database specialist.
- Seek opportunities to optimize and customize the donor database system (Raiser’s Edge) for improved accuracy and performance measurement of the national fundraising program.
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrate commitment to, and strong knowledge of, the RMHC mission and supporting programs; a strong desire to make a difference in the lives of children, families and community.
- A related post-secondary degree and/or at least 5 years related experience as a fundraising professional.
- An in-depth understanding of the fundraising landscape, with a special focus on corporate philanthropy and sponsorship.
- Demonstrated success in achieving goals. A self-motivator. Able to work effectively as a member of a small team and willing to pitch in and carry out all levels of the task at hand.
- A strong communicator. Conveys ideas proactively and engages in active listening to achieve understanding and acceptance.
- Contributes actively by working with others collaboratively in all interactions; fully participates and encourages the participation of others in team activities.
- Seeks, establishes and maintains partnerships that share common goals, solve common problems within a context of shared power and responsibility.
- Can be flexible and tolerates ambiguity, shifts priorities, changes style and responds with innovative approaches as needed.
- Does the right thing for the right reasons; treats people fairly and with dignity; honours commitments; consistently upholds the core values of RMHC.
- Continually learns and applies knowledge and promotes learning and improvement in others; gives, receives and acts on constructive feedback.
- Understands the importance of relationship building and has demonstrated success in doing so.
- CFRE designation, current or working towards, considered an asset.
- Excellent computer skills including extensive experience using Excel, PowerPoint and relational databases (Raiser’s Edge).
- French fluency considered an asset.
- The position involves some evening and weekend commitments.
If you wish to pursue this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 27th, 2017. While we thank all candidates who have applied, only those whose qualifications align with the requirements of the role will be contacted.