Reporting to the Data & Administrative Manager the Gift Processing Assistant supports in the area of Database & Donor Services. The Gift Processing Assistant is responsible for the timely and accurate entry of data & donations into Raiser’s Edge, paired with the issuing of official tax receipts and correspondence. The individual is well organized, detail oriented, accurate individual with a passion for customer service.
- Enters donor and gift revenue information into Raiser’s Edge in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generates official tax receipts and/or acknowledgement receipts as required per Foundation policies and procedures and while adhering to Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.
- Coordinates the merging, mailing, signing and printing of Thank you letters and donor correspondence sent in response to specific appeals, donor driven gifts, major gifts, and pledge payments.
- Updates Raiser’s Edge with information about event attendees, address changes, donor attributes, recognition and mailing preferences.
- Examines the Foundation’s returned mail and ensures corrected addresses are recorded in Raiser’s Edge and Do Not Mail files maintained by the Foundation and updates its preferred mail house vendors.
- Works closely with the Special Event Team to enter sponsorships, donations, and gifts-in-kind into Raiser’s edge to track event revenue and assist with mass receipting.
- Communicates with donors to review monthly pledges, coordinates payment methods, and encourages stretch giving to reach donor recognition levels and societies.
- Provides support for reception desk at the Foundation which may include answering phones, taking donations either from in-person visitors or through phone calls to the foundation so attention to detail and superb customer service skills are essential.
- Assists with other administrative duties as required supporting the Foundation’s goals.
Qualifications & Experience
- College diploma or university degree in a relevant discipline or relevant work experience
- Raiser’s Edge formal training is an asset
- Keen attention to detail and superb data entry / data processing abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- General knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the public
- Possesses superior organization and time management skills
- Proficient letter writing, editing, merging, proof-reading skills
- Commitment to a high level of customer service
- Knowledge of CRA guidelines and official tax receipting process
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only those candidates who are chosen for an interview will be contacted personally. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in OneFoundation for Niagara Health System.