Posted On: 2017-10-27
Closing On: 2017-11-17
Location: Hamilton, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
About St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation:
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation works with the community to secure donations that help our Hospital to purchase life-saving equipment, to fund healthcare research and facility renewal, and to comfort and care for the patients we’ve been honoured to serve since 1890. Every gift to St. Joe’s supports hope, healing and discovery at our Hospital.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts.
The Senior Development Officer plays a lead role in ensuring the success of the Foundation’s Major Gifts effort and will be responsible for advancing the mission of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation by fostering strong relationships with friends and donors, and generating philanthropic support from individuals, corporations and foundations.
In collaboration with the Major Gifts team, the Senior Development Officer:
- Manages a portfolio of major gift prospects through the donor cycle using the principles of relationship-management. Personally conducts a pre-determined number of one-on-one visits with prospects on a yearly basis to secure donors and funds.
- Assists in the development and implementation of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for major gift prospects in adherence with “best call strategy”. This will involve personally soliciting prospects for major and planned gifts.
- Works with Foundation staff to set goals and develop plans.
- Works with the President & CEO, Vice-President, Development, and selected volunteers in moving top prospects through the donor cycle. This will involve the preparation of strategies, briefing notes and proposals.
- Supports development and execution of stewardship strategies for donors.
- Works closely with other areas of the Foundation (i.e. Director, Special Events and the Director, Marketing & Communications) to develop donor relations plans and to maximize leadership gift opportunities.
- Assists in other duties as required in furthering the goals of the Major Gifts Team and the Foundation.
- University degree or college diploma
- Minimum three - five years experience
- Demonstrated success in personally securing and stewarding major gifts
- Strong communicator, including writing, interpersonal & presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software
- Strategic thinking and attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team player
- Healthcare philanthropy experience is an asset
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation
Attn: Senior Development Officer Posting
224 James Street South
Hamilton, ON L8P 3A9
Or email to:firstname.lastname@example.org with heading: Senior Development Officer
Thank you for your interest in working with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.