We’re currently searching for a passionate Senior Fundraising and Community Engagement Coordinator to support JDRF’s peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives in the Peel Region. This position will work out of JDRF’s Mississauga office.
As an integral part of the JDRF team, you would be responsible for driving fundraising activity for the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes, Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes, and the Starlight Soiree Gala, as well as engaging those living with T1D. As a passionate ambassador for JDRF, you would engage new volunteers, families, event participants, new organizations and would steward existing accounts. As the Senior Coordinator, you would also provide leadership, inspiration and motivation to volunteer event committees.
Your key accountabilities would include:
- Achieving and exceeding fundraising targets
- Implementing best practices in peer-to-peer fundraising and gala committee management to increase participation and event revenue
- Inspiring, motivating and stewarding a portfolio of fundraisers
- Identifying and developing strategic key account volunteers to optimize event participation
- Balancing prospecting and new account recruitment with key account stewardship and development
- Engaging those living with T1D and their families to promote JDRF programs
- Collaborating with Regional Corporate Engagement and Event Experience teams to achieve overall event objectives
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? We’re looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- University/College degree combined with 2-3 years’ experience in fundraising or sales or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to successfully interact with stakeholders, including but not limited to, volunteers, donors and T1D families
- Customer-service focused, collaborative, and strong interpersonal skills
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to take initiative and independently problem solve
- Flexibility to attend evening and weekend events
- A valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is required
Interested? Submit your application today! Applications will be reviewed as they are recieved.
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.