St. Michael’s Foundation, through its philanthropic activities, assists St. Michael’s Hospital in attracting the resources required to fulfill and enhance its mission of caring, research and education.
The Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, which includes members of the business and professional community. The Foundation raises funds from a variety of initiatives: annual & mid-level giving; special events; major and planned gifts.
The Senior Philanthropy Assistant provides executive assistance and administrative support to the Associate Vice-President Philanthropy- Annual & Mid-Level Giving and Events and provides administrative, business and event support services for the department.
- Manage AVP’s calendar by organizing and scheduling appointments and meetings with prospects, donors, volunteers, Foundation and Hospital staff and ensure the AVP is fully briefed on agenda items and has received all required materials for regular meetings, appointments and conferences in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative/clerical support for Annual & Mid-level Giving and Events team including coordination, preparation and distribution of meeting materials for various committees, communication with volunteer groups, committee members and major donors as required.
- Support both departments pre-event logistics, research, planning, packing, supply prep, post-event wrap up activities, inventory, on-going mailings, proposal tracking, and general correspondence required.
- Assist in the pre-planning, logistics and organizing of all Events and cultivation activities and attend all foundation special events and annual giving activities.
- Coordinate and make arrangements for all committee meetings including room bookings, catering and AV requirements.
- Prepare and distribute meeting notices, materials and minutes, agenda for meetings as needed along with attending team meetings and committee meetings (as needed) and prepare comprehensive minutes.
- Keep the department office space organized and operating effectively and efficiently; set up systems, maintain files and records, track expenses, phone inquiries, data entry, inventory keeping and other clerical duties.
- Draft, proof and prepare correspondence, proposals, presentations and requests for information that often contains sensitive financial information.
- Create graphs and statistical analysis to support presentations, reports and proposals for internal audiences as well as key volunteers and committees, sponsors and corporate donors.
- Ensure AVP’s activity as it relates to prospects, donors and volunteers is maintained and data entered in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Provide support to Events team through data entry in Raiser’s Edge and act as the point person for mail lists (e.g. E-blasts, mailings, pre/post event communications to attendees, Annual reports etc.).
- Assist with donation intake, reception and other office duties that may arise
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications on a Windows platform (Word, Excel, Power Point, electronic mail/scheduling, internet)
- Previous experience working with databases (particularly Raiser’s Edge) and desktop publishing is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong person to person relationship-building skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of St. Michael’s Hospital.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekend
- A post-secondary degree in a related field or a combination of comparable skills and experience