The Movember Foundation raises funds that deliver innovative, breakthrough research and support programs that allow men to live happier, healthier and longer lives. Since 2003, millions have joined the men's health movement, raising $839 million and funding over 1,200 projects in 21 countries, focusing on prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
In 2016, we adopted a new global Fundraising Framework that sets the ambition to raise net $100 million globally per annum by 2022. This role represents an exciting opportunity for a skilled seasoned professional to lead on major philanthropic giving for Canada as we enter a new phase of development. We’re seeking an experienced fundraiser with a strong track record in securing 5, 6 and 7 figure gifts.
The Movember Foundation is a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization with strong values based culture that fosters teamwork.
- Be responsible for the development and execution of the annual major gifts strategy reaching or exceeding annual major gift fundraising goals
- Identify and qualify a portfolio of major gift prospects (125-150) and identify goals for each prospect based on prospect research, past giving history and advice from stakeholders to determine giving potential
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward a pipeline of highest value major gift prospects
- Create a plan for each prospect and donor to serve as a foundational communication and cultivation strategy and execute that plan to ensure donors are secured, retained and upgraded
- Work closely with Movember programs and marketing/communications departments to access appropriate program priorities information to present to prospects including budgets, potential outcomes, offers and proposals to secure major gifts
- Create monthly reports that accurately reflect major gifts program progress and performance
- In conjunction with the Country Director Canada and global colleagues, support the development of a long-term strategy for a sophisticated major gifts program
- As success dictates, lead and develop an engaged major gifts team to deliver against ambitious fundraising targets
- Develop and implement best-practices for major gift donor stewardship to ensure growth and frequency of giving
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A passion for men’s health issues and a minimum of 7-10 years of successful experience in major gifts fundraising/revenue development securing gifts from individuals and foundations/trusts
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level or equivalent work experience
- Exceptionally high level of written & oral communication/presentation skills
- Exceptional relationship building and sales skills having worked with a wide range of donors and funding decision makers and a genuine interest for helping donors fulfil their passions and interests through their giving/philanthropy
- Track record of personally negotiating and management of high value donor relationships securing significant donations ($100k or more) and managed a sizable portfolio of prospects from influential and wealthy people and/or, companies and/or foundations/trusts
- Proven leader and motivator of people and a commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with people at all levels of an organization
- Highly developed organizational skills, the capacity to successfully manage several programs concurrently with competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to handle last minute issues and projects that are not always within official scope of work
- Proficient using Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and CRM databases to facilitate fundraising success
- Ability to conceptualize, design, and build presentations
- Ability to occasionally travel and undertake overnight stays
- Previous experience successfully supervising employees and/or volunteers
- Bilingualism and the ability to work in both official languages (English and French) is an asset
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset
If you think this would be a match made in heaven and you would fit in with the Movember culture, please provide a cover letter and a resume with your application no later than November 4, 2017 sent to email@example.com.