Posted On: 2017-10-03
Closing On: 2017-10-24
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
POSITION: Development Associate
REPORTS TO: Director, AFP Canadian Services
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) represents more than 33,000 members in 244 Chapters throughout the world, working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education, and certification programs. The Association fosters development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession. AFP serves over 3,800 Canadian members within 20 chapters across the country.
AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada is the philanthropic arm of AFP and its Chapters in Canada. Through the provision of grants to chapters, members and non-members, and supporting AFP initiatives, the Foundation is enhancing ethical practice, building satisfying careers, and strengthening the sector and society.
This is a full-time position. The incumbent will oversee all aspects of the Foundation’s annual fund campaign, including telefundraising, stewardship, donation record-keeping. Other duties include the Foundation’s financial record keeping, minute taking and working with many volunteers. The ideal candidate is an independent and energetic individual who is able to manage multiple projects on differing timelines simultaneously.
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel and Word)
- Database experience
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data for concise reporting
- Experience in financial record-keeping and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills (oral and written)
- High level of accuracy and detail-oriented
- Quick learner on new systems and software
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a small, diverse staff team and volunteers
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands
The incumbent must be fluent in English. French language proficiency is preferred.
Post-secondary degree or diploma, experience working with volunteers, and a minimum of two years’ experience in a relevant field.
Salary is commensurate with experience. AFP is proud to offer a health spending account, as well as a professional development stipend.
Please submit a cover letter and resume in one PDF document to:
Director, AFP Canadian Services
412-260 King Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 4L5
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis with an anticipated start date of October/November 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.