Posted On: 2017-10-04
Closing On: 2017-10-16
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Temporary
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation is seeking a dynamic, donor-centric, entrepreneurial fundraising professional to join the Foundation’s Corporate and Community Partnerships Team during a 6-month renewable contract. Reporting to the Director of Corporate and Community Partnerships, the Development Officer is responsible for activation and stewardship for a portfolio of the Foundation’s corporate cause marketing partners/events and one hybrid third party event, ensuring thoughtful relationship management and timely fulfillment of requirements. This position will also manage the corporate volunteer program as well as assistance with gift in kind solicitation. The ideal candidate is organized, motivating, strategic and able to react quickly to situations with solutions.
About our Foundation
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation is the largest foundation in Canada dedicated to supporting childhood disability. Established in 1996 to inspire community interest and raise funds in support of Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital, our focus is to improve the quality of life for children with disabilities. Located within the Hospital in Toronto, the Foundation has a staff of 23 professionals.
Thanks to generous donors, our Foundation raises over $10 million dollars annually for Holland Bloorview and supports the areas of research, quality of life programming, capacity building and client and family-centered care. It’s an exciting time at the Holland Bloorview Foundation as our team has embarked on our next chapter with fresh strategies to inspire community interest and raise funds to help Holland Bloorview create a world of possibilities for kids with disabilities.
Key Responsibilities are included but not limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of the Foundation’s local corporate cause marketing/event partnerships
- Contribute to the preparation of detailed briefing documents in advance of meetings or calls where partners are involved
- Ensure that the requirements of all sponsorship/event agreements are fulfilled according to contracts, proactively solves problems and escalates as necessary
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to ensure cooperation and effective roll out of sponsorship/event deliverables / contractual obligations
- Actively solicit new partnerships/events for the Foundation by introducing them to Holland Bloorview with a menu of opportunities.
- Manage the Corporate Volunteer Program at Holland Bloorview.
- Work with the hospital to identify opportunities for corporate groups to come in and volunteer.
- Develop opportunities for growth and to increase the revenue in this program.
- Convert the 25+ corporate volunteer group participants into donors, working with the annual programs development officer.
- Solicitation of third party events and management of one hybrid third party event
- Identify and secure new community events/fundraisers by researching next opportunities, providing well-written proposals, conducting tours, delivering presentations at meetings and making appropriate and meaningful introductions to Foundation and Hospital staff, as required
- Become the main lead for one hybrid third party event, managing all aspects of event with event organizer.
- Solicit Gift In Kind sponsors.
- Working with the rest of the Corporate and Community team to solicit gift in kind for events and campaigns throughout the calendar year.
Work with external fundraisers, corporations and event hosts to provide a good experience by being responsive, clear and helpful.
Work well with Hospital teams, especially regarding corporate volunteer opportunities.
Work collaboratively with others in the foundation to achieve overall organizational goals.
Qualifications and Qualities:
- University degree (or equivalent)
- Fundraising experience, preferably with a minimum of 3 years in development and corporate fundraising
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated relationship management skills, and a track record of working well with internal and external stakeholders including Boards, donors, fundraisers, volunteers and staff
- A results-oriented individual with excellent organizational skills and ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced fundraising environment
- A detail-oriented individual who is able to multi-task effectively and demonstrates initiativeComputer skills including: MS Office and internet; Raiser’s Edge and social media experience an asset
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our Careers website: