Posted On: 2017-10-04
Closing On: 2017-10-20
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Manager, Major Giving
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Senior Manager, Major Giving.
Join a growing national team as we work toward more formal campaign initiatives and build a robust Major Giving program. Reporting to the Associate Director, Major Giving and Campaigns, the successful candidate will support the development and management of a high-performance team of staff, be responsible for annual business planning, and manage a portfolio of individual and family foundation donors and prospects that have the capacity to support the Red Cross with multi-year pledges of $50,000 or more.
The Senior Manager, Major Giving will be an experienced leader and seasoned fundraiser with the desire to contribute positively as part of a larger team. Being adaptable and having a flexible nature will allow them to thrive in an evolving complex national organization. A strong commitment to donor-centred best practice is also critical in this role.
- Recruits and trains new Major Giving staff as part of a collaborative, high-performance team
- Provides guidance, coaching and oversight in the area of donor/prospect strategy and major gift solicitations
- Oversees Major Giving staff activity to ensure revenue targets are met
- Demonstrates a high level of personal contact with major gift donors
- Cultivates relationships and moves donor through all stages of the donor cycle
- Creates individual donor plans and associated strategies
- Prepares proposals and presents cases for support on key priority areas
- Supports senior leadership, executives and volunteers in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors
- Works closely with Prospect Research and Major Giving team to identify prospects through activities such as database mining and prospect identification
- Works collaboratively with Philanthropy team to identify and determine leadership potential of prospective volunteers
- Supports strategy for volunteer recruitment and engagement
- Utilizes Raiser’s Edge to capture moves management information
- Contributes to the development of provincial Major Giving revenue and expense budgets by conducting analysis and forecasting
- Develops annual business plans, in collaboration with Major Giving leadership, to meet revenue targets for Major Giving activity in Ontario
- Monitors progress of revenue targets and makes adjustments as needed to ensure success
- Monitors expense budgets and maintains close control of expenditures throughout the year
- Contributes to the effectiveness of Major Giving activity including regular monthly and quarterly reporting of key activity and financial indicators
The minimum qualifications for this job are a university degree or college diploma in business administration, marketing or fundraising management with seven or more years of job-related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal and organization skills
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional fundraising results and managing high-performance teams
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge database is preferable
Travel throughout the community and province is a regular part of the job. Current driver’s license and use of a car is required. Will be required to work non-traditional hours to meet the needs of volunteers and during times of disaster appeals.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check. The Canadian Red Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested parties may submit their resumes no later than October 20th, 2017 to Nuccia.Carbone@redcross.ca
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position