Are you seeking an entry-level position with diverse opportunities where you can learn and develop your interest in major giving, foundations and proposal writing while actively contributing to the growth of a dynamic organization? Are you passionate about helping women and children and working in an environment that gives you the freedom to make your dreams come alive?
INTERVAL HOUSE has an available position for a full-time:
PARTNERSHIP & FUNDRAISING ADMINISTRATOR
About Interval House:
Interval House is a growth-oriented non-profit organization. As the first shelter for abused women and children in Canada, we are leaders in the campaign for women’s empowerment, providing innovative, specialized services that help abused women and their children transform their lives and break the cycle of violence (www.intervalhouse.ca)
Interval House provides a continuum of services that enable abused women and children to have access to safe shelter and responsive services that help them establish lives free from violence. The continuum includes integrated and specialized services related to counselling, advocacy, outreach, legal and housing support, as well as programs to help build economic self-sufficiency.
The Partnership & Fundraising Administrator’s position will enable you to utilize your planning, organizing and fundraising skills while contributing to Interval House fundraising and volunteer programs and initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Providing support to the success of four fundraising streams (major gift, leadership, foundation, corporate) through:
- Assisting with researching, developing and/or writing grant and fundraising proposals and applications
- Assisting with writing and dissemination of reports including monitoring reporting schedule
- Assisting in creating strategies to identify and qualify new prospects
- Providing donor relations support
- Assisting with the preparation of meeting materials and briefing notes
- Responding to third-party fundraising requests
- Keeping up-to-date on issues relating to violence against women and fundraising legislations and best practices
Organising special events by:
- Coordinating event logistics
- Adhering to budgets
- Representing Interval House at public events
Implement the Volunteer Services through:
- Updating and maintaining records and database for volunteer services
- Participating in recruitment, training, and organizing appreciation events
- Working with corporations on providing meaningful group volunteer activities
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience and knowledge in fundraising and volunteer administration
- Event planning experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of effective administrative and organizational abilities
- Ability to write grants/fundraising proposals
- Excellent ability to use online research tools (prospect research, grants/foundations)
- Conduct that demonstrates adherence to the AFP Standards of Professional Practice
- Computer proficiency with skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, Power Point and Adobe Photoshop and social media platforms
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with external stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills to engage with others, listen, accept and provide feedback
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and foster teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to manage interpersonal conflict
- Persistence, compassionate, non-judgmental & adaptable behavior that demonstrates caring for others
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality
- Behavioral focus on ethics, integrity, loyalty and goal & result oriented
- An understanding of Diversity and Inclusion and ability to create a supportive work environment for diverse staff
- Focus on continuous self-development
- Demonstrated ability to follow through to implement results in a timely manner
- Thorough and detail-oriented work related approaches
- Analytical, planning, organizing and reporting skills - verbal and written
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting women and children who have suffered abuse, and the available resources and services to support them
- Must be flexible with workdays and/or hours
* Closing Date: October 20, 2017 *
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your resume in confidence to the address below, marking ‘Partnership & Fundraising Administrator’ in the subject line.
Please include your resume in the body of your e-mail; attachments may not be opened.
Good to Know:
We thank all applicants, but only applicants with the required qualifications and competencies will be contacted.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and/or must have a valid work permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
All successful applicants must undergo a police vulnerable sector check.
Interval demonstrates its commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, respect in the workplace and does not condone any form of discrimination and workplace violence.