Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Ontario Shores) is a public hospital that provides inpatient, outpatient and consultation services for people with complex mental illness. Our patients benefit from a recovery-oriented environment of care built on compassion, inspiration and hope. We engage in research, education and advocacy initiatives to advance the mental health care system and are proud to work with partners across the continuum of care. If you thrive on innovation and positive change, and share our vision of Recovering Best Health, Nurturing Hope and Inspiring Discovery, Ontario Shores is the place for you.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Employment Type: Full-time
Hours of Work: Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Main Site - 700 Gordon Street - Whitby, ON L1N 5S9 CA (Primary)
• The Resource Development Coordinator will work as an integral member of the Foundation team contributing their expertise to maximize fundraising revenues, meet budget and project deadlines.
• In support of these targets, the Resource Development Coordinator will focus on the development and implementation of a donor cultivation and retention strategy aimed at (1) maximizing the revenue opportunities within the file; (2) increasing donor engagement at all levels; (3) improving attrition rates; (4) increasing the lifetime value of donors
• Development and implementation of an overall annual strategy to attract gifts through direct response, social media and other marketing channels
• Creation of appropriate and engaging online fundraising campaigns
• Development and implementation of a stellar stewardship strategy
• Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
• Ensure all direct response appeals align with organizational priorities
• Investigate new trends and opportunities in mass marketing to improve cultivation and retention efforts
• Enhance strategies for lapsed donor reactivation; upgrade of current donors; and cross-promotion opportunities in order to improve acquisition efforts and marketing efficiencies.
• Plan and execute a strategy to convert new-to-file one time donors to monthly donors
• Develop and implement Monthly and Payroll Donor strategy to acquire, steward, reactivate, upgrade, or otherwise continue to build on the monthly donor file’s development.
• Develop Tribute Giving strategy, including all channels by which tribute gifts are acquired by the organization and be responsible for the stewardship of all tribute donors.
• Manage donor relations and provide superior customer service to donors and prospects (i.e.; develop donor thank you letters for the direct response, tribute and online giving programs, ensure process is in place for timely donor thank you calls, etc.)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND REGISTRATION:
• Bachelor or college degree
• Three to five years of experience as Development Coordinator or Officer with previous experience in annual program and event fundraising
• Demonstrated experience and high level of competency with a variety of software and database management programs including Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge
• Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple demands and remain focused on attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Works constructively under pressure and is able to listen and communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external constituents
• Accomplishes tasks with thorough and precise focus and identifies opportunities to increase efficiencies and solve problems in the workplace
• Works positively and productively to achieve group goals within a team setting by readily engaging others while being aware of the perspectives of each individual member
• Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships among donors, volunteers and staff
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Excellent written skills, particularly at editing.
• Understand and perform duties according to the mission and values of the Foundation and work in a manner that will enhance the activities of Ontario Shores
• Handle all information ethically, accurately and confidentially
• Act as an ambassador for the Foundation at both fundraising and awareness building events for the Hospital, but also those that may directly or indirectly impact organization profile and performance.
• Create and maintain a working environment which fosters collaboration and works with colleagues as a team dedicated to the work of the Foundation
• Maintains compliance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Accountable for understanding the Confidentiality and Privacy Code of Conduct for Ontario Shores
• Compliance of all Canada Revenue Agency directives and guidelines
• Adhere to all aspects of the Association for Fundraising Professionals’ Donor Bill of Rights.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Follows all policies and procedures of Ontario Shores Foundation for Mental Health
Personal information you provide to Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Ontario Shores) is collected pursuant to the Public Hospitals Act R.S.O 1990, c. P.40. It will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility for employment. At all times it will be treated in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions about the collection of your personal information, contact the Leader, Privacy & Access at 700 Gordon St. Whitby, ON L1N 5S9; 905-430-4055 ext. 6712 or refer to the Privacy & Access pages on the Ontario Shores website. Upon request, individual accommodation can be provided to applicants who meet the required qualifications outlined in the job descriptions, and have been invited for an interview. For questions and concerns, please contact Human Resources at 905.430.4055 ext. 6191.