Posted On: 2017-10-12
Closing On: 2017-10-27
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Arthritis Society has been setting lives in motion for almost 70 years. Dedicated to a vision of living well while creating a future without arthritis, The Society is Canada’s principal health charity providing education programs and support to the over 4.6 million Canadians living with arthritis. Since its founding in 1948, The Society has been the largest non‐government funder of arthritis research in Canada, investing over $195 million in projects that have led to breakthroughs in the diagnosis, treatment and care of people with arthritis. The Arthritis Society is accredited under Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
Fundraising & Corporate Sponsorship Manager
Ontario Division | Contract | Location: Toronto
Reporting to the Associate Director of Corporate Partnerships & Events, the Fundraising & Corporate Sponsorship Manager will lead the Toronto and Mississauga regions and, as a member of the Ontario development team, will be responsible for the growth and operations of all fundraising initiatives and signature events, such as the Walk to Fight Arthritis, along with third-party fundraising and awareness campaigns.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Actively participating in the creation of goals and objectives for the province.
- Growing fundraising initiatives related to our annual Walk to Fight Arthritis, specifically peer-to-peer fundraising and corporate sponsorship.
- Developing and executing long-term plans, whilst leveraging short-term opportunities and managing objectives.
- Increasing participation of teams and individuals, as well as actively recruiting and managing volunteers to support the events and grow fundraising revenue.
- Working in close partnership with the Toronto team to effectively promote and publicize events through a variety of channels.
- Partnering with staff in the development and implementation of community-based business plans and budgets to ensure successful outcomes and the attainment of goals.
- Creating pipelines for corporate sponsorship for the Walk to Fight Arthritis as well as other special events.
Required Skills & Experience:
Our ideal candidate will possess a university degree in the area of fundraising, marketing and/or sales with at least five (5) years of progressive leadership experience in related areas gained from a not-for-profit, university or healthcare environment. He/she will have the ability to develop and execute long-term plans whilst leveraging short-term opportunities and managing objectives, and will be adept at identifying, developing and leading fundraising opportunities. A results-driven focus is essential for this role. Proven organization and project management skills are a must. Our ideal candidate will have a strong ability to engage, motivate and inspire volunteers of all levels and display superior interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) including excellent presentation skills. He/she is a collaborative team player, able to establish and maintain positive and authentic partnerships both internally and externally. Proficiency in a wide range of computer skills including Microsoft Office is essential, with Raiser’s Edge experience a strong advantage.
Please note that this is a one-year contract of employment, with the successful candidate required to work full-time hours between Monday and Friday inclusive.
We are seeking talented individuals who embrace our core values. If you are interested in, and qualified for, this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by October 27, 2017.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.