Posted On: 2017-10-11
Closing On: 2017-11-11
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: Fall 2017
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the MNjcc:
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. We provide opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, to learn, to connect and to participate in a wide range of cultural experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all.
Founded in 1953 the MNjcc is home to a 3600 member Fitness Centre, the Al Green Theatre, four schools, four choirs, a wide range of arts and cultural activities, Jewish Life programming, and a robust Active 55+ program. We are committed to removing barriers and being accessible to all who come through our doors including those who are Deaf or experience disabilities.
Short Description of the Position:
The Development Associate plays an important role in increasing fundraising support to the MNjcc by participating in annual giving activities including grant writing, campaign coordination, donor communication and special events. Reporting to the Director of Development, this multifaceted position is an opportunity for an experienced, dynamic, organized individual that is looking to apply and expand their skills in a growing team-oriented organization. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual who is looking for valuable hands-on experience where they can further develop their career in fundraising.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- 30% Grants & Proposals – Provide grant writing support by ensuring the timely and efficient submission of government, corporate and foundation proposals, applications, and reports in collaboration with programming and management staff with the Director of Development.
- 30% Annual Giving - Implement the execution of two annual multi-channel fundraising campaigns, monthly renewals and other special appeals as needed, and report on results.
- 15% Stewardship – Monitor the gift acknowledgement process and other donor correspondence and recognition.
- 10% Event Coordination- Coordinate the planning, promotion and logistics of an annual fundraising event and other stewardship/cultivation events as needed.
- 10% Communications - Collaborate with the Marketing team on content as needed to ensure timely and relevant donor-centered communications, such as e-newsletter, website and social media updates.
- 5% Other Duties - Assist with the coordination and management of additional fundraising and development activities, as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years full-time relevant experience in fundraising/development.
- Experience with grant writing and reporting with strong writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with successful research and solicitation of corporate and foundation prospects.
- Proven track record of initiating and executing multi-channel fundraising appeals, including direct mail.
- Knowledge of stewardship best practices to manage regular and timely communications to donors.
- Previous event coordination in collaboration with other staff, volunteers and external vendors an asset.
- Thrives working independently and collaboratively in a team environment, is self-motivated and driven with a positive, “can-do” attitude, strong sense of personal initiative and ownership of projects.
- Extremely well-organized with attention to detail and able to prioritize multiple tasks under short deadlines.
- Possesses a professional demeanor with strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated passion for working in the charitable sector.
- Knowledge of CRM databases and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary range: $35,000 - $45,0000.
- A full benefits package is available including medical/dental, membership in the MNjcc Fitness Centre, an RRSP matching program, and discounts on MNjcc programs.
How to apply:
- Email resume and cover letter indicating where you found the posting to davidf @mnjcc.org with the subject: “Application: Development Associate”.
- Please note that only candidates moving to the next stage of the selection process will be contacted.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
The MNjcc is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of JCC culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.